8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First person that can give me the width of the coupe trunk lid with pictures I will cash app them $10. Possibly the easiest $10 you could ever make, just go out to your garage, drive parking lot or where ever you park your car with a tape measure and hook me up with the measurements. I'm almost to the point of just cruising around till I find an fg2 and measure it but I figured I should give this a shot first.

for context I own a 9th gen coupe and want to see if this wing will fit FOR 06-11 8TH GEN HONDA CIVIC 2DR COUPE GLOSSY BLACK MUG RR STYLE TRUNK SPOILER | eBay

· Registered
499 Posts
Edge of the further up mount part is a little under 47.5 inches (I say about as measuring this with a tape measure is pretty damn hard) and I can't measure the bottom distance because there is a middle piece of the wing mount that obstructs the tape measure but I would estimate that is about 47 inches because the mount kind of curves in.

· Registered
499 Posts
From looking at the listing you linked, I have an odd feeling that if the wing is too big it would likely be able to be sized down to properly fit (ie taking the actual horizontal wing part and sanding/cutting it down) because its a 3 piece wing. This would be extra work though obviously and you might need touch up paint to the edges you sand down to make fit. But I recommend just sketching out the dimensions I gave of the trunk lid and comparing it to a sketch of your own trunk lid and seeing compatibility that way.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright so after measuring the furthest edge of my trunk it came out to about 47.5 inches. I used a piece of yarn to get the curve then measured the yarn. Like you said I may have to do some cutting or sanding to make it work but I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on it. Thank you again dude I had been trying to get those measurements for about 2 weeks lol wish me luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts