8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went to the race track w/ my supervisor and felt like runing my car... i ran it three times and my best was the first run. All i have is the P2R TB spacer, ETD, bypassed TB collant, and a greddy Ti-C

[email protected] spun em threw first and little after the shift into second
[email protected] ****** up the launch bad
[email protected] spun em all threw first and into second up to about 6500 then hooked up and went.

i was running a turbo 240 first run

a stock 06 mustang GT and my buddy was watching and seen that i was running him down if it were a 1/4 i think it woulda been really.

and the third was against a mustang that had some head work and other **** so i didn't even care about that one.

all in all i need lighter rims and stickier tires.. and maby lower it and stiffen up the rear suspention to slow weight transfer.. any ideas?

also dose anyone w/ the ETD have a good launch down? i can't find a good way 2 launch the car now that i have it on. i used 2 be able 2 launch at 4000, churp em and hook up but i just can't seam 2 get a good launch down.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
If you have an SI thats bad, if you have an R18 then those are some good numbers.. the best i have done on my R18 in the 1/8 is 10.2 at 70mph..

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Civic Pride said:
If you have an SI thats bad, if you have an R18 then those are some good numbers.. the best i have done on my R18 in the 1/8 is 10.2 at 70mph..
Yea i have an Si, i couldn't get my launch down though.. if i could keep from spinning all threw first and into second i would have had much better times. but i just spin all threw first i'm thinking about taking the ETD off and going back 2 how i used 2 do it. but idk. i'm going 2 wait to get stickier tires 2 make my final call.

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
my best was 10.2 stock Si... on a track that was brand new... literally... didn't have any rubber down... i spun every gear to the end....

·
Registered
909 Posts
Wow......I don't know what to say about those numbers. My 3.5L Intrepid ran 10.3 second 1/8's stock. I bet my Civic R18 would be 12's :p

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Avenger said:
Wow......I don't know what to say about those numbers. My 3.5L Intrepid ran 10.3 second 1/8's stock. I bet my Civic R18 would be 12's :p
Did you not read? my R18 does 10.2's in the 1/8th, i have a manual 5spd..

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Civic Pride said:
Did you not read? my R18 does 10.2's in the 1/8th, i have a manual 5spd..
thats nice dude but i didn't ask what your R18 did i asked for advice on launching my car w/ out spining the **** outa my tires and w/ out having 2 go threw 1st gear up till V-tec

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
well..keep in mind that the concrete at a race track is NOT the same as the streets. its going to be hard for your street radial tires to hook up on a drag strip. And also you should try launching at a lower RPM. you should try getting a drag radial tires. im thinking about getting some and test it out.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
fatality122887 said:
thats nice dude but i didn't ask what your R18 did i asked for advice on launching my car w/ out spining the **** outa my tires and w/ out having 2 go threw 1st gear up till V-tec
Sorry fatality i was not talking to you, i was talking to avenger:thumb:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bizzybearfigiblue said:
launch around 3500rpms... any lower than that and you'll bog too much...
do u have the ETD? cuz i tried that on my last run and i still spun threw all threw 1st. should i drop the clutch or slip it out? i think i droped it pretty hard i mean i sliped it a little but i think i got ambissious or something like that

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
fatality122887 said:
do u have the ETD? cuz i tried that on my last run and i still spun threw all threw 1st. should i drop the clutch or slip it out? i think i droped it pretty hard i mean i sliped it a little but i think i got ambissious or something like that
i have an 06 Si... i have no clue what ETD is... lol...

u have to feather it a bit but still give it enough for a little bit of spin... if done correctly you will spin a bit and once it stops spinning the rpms should be around 6k... which is still in :vtec:

if done wrong it will fall flat on its face... i can't give u any better advice w/o myself actually running on that specific track...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Those times equal around mid-low 15 sec 1/4 mile. My best 1/8 time is 9.511 @75.82 with a 1/4 time of [email protected]

I find the better way to launch is hold around 3-4k rpm release the clutch slowly until you are at the friction point. When you leave out the hole, feather it lightly until you get traction then stomp it.

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
XSRCivic said:
Those times equal around mid-low 15 sec 1/4 mile. My best 1/8 time is 9.511 @75.82 with a 1/4 time of [email protected]

I find the better way to launch is hold around 3-4k rpm release the clutch slowly until you are at the friction point. When you leave out the hole, feather it lightly until you get traction then stomp it.
my best at the 1/8 mile track down here was 10.2 stock... but when i go the the 1/4 mile track i always get around 9.5 on the 1/8 mile part of the track there...

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
yeah launching above 3.5k is just gonna cause you to spin thru 1st and 2nd. launching below 3k will cause you to bog

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bizzybearfigiblue said:
i have an 06 Si... i have no clue what ETD is... lol...

u have to feather it a bit but still give it enough for a little bit of spin... if done correctly you will spin a bit and once it stops spinning the rpms should be around 6k... which is still in :vtec:

if done wrong it will fall flat on its face... i can't give u any better advice w/o myself actually running on that specific track...

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=4&products_id=1723

there is the link to the ETD (engine Torque dampener) but yea i used 2 be able 2 do what everone is saying befor i installed that were i launched out at 4000 rpm and only spun for a second and then hook up right into vtec but i can't do it anymore..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts