8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am so proud of this car. it has been a joy to have. the odometer is sitting at 6120 right now. It is black so i try to keep it as clean as possible. heres some pictures.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no. modified my last two cars and am very tired of modding cars. no matter how i mod a car i will always go back to the stock look. nothing can touch the stock look. plus IMO, when your still paying for a car you should not modify until it's paid off. Modding is alot of money.
as you guys can see my car is one of the few that looks different from all the ones on this site. I have noticed that all the 06 si's on this site has aftermarket rims and other stuff. mine looks different.

·
Registered
271 Posts
mines the same age and has a rock chip on the bumper, dent w/scratch on the hood and paint flaking off the front bumper(honda is fixing monday) congrats on keepin it clean! oh mine has 2000 more miles

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
eh_civicracer said:
as you guys can see my car is one of the few that looks different from all the ones on this site. I have noticed that all the 06 si's on this site has aftermarket rims and other stuff. mine looks different.
False. Theres ALOT more stock Si's here than modified ones.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
eh_civicracer said:
no. modified my last two cars and am very tired of modding cars. no matter how i mod a car i will always go back to the stock look. nothing can touch the stock look. plus IMO, when your still paying for a car you should not modify until it's paid off. Modding is alot of money.
There is some truth in that statement. I've seen people on this forum who's eyes are bigger than their wallets. Consequently, they ended up having no car at all when it was over and done with.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my car is all stock and proud of it. Open your eyes and look at all the older civics like the 89-00. Do you see a nice stock one anymore? All of them are all modded. Most of them don't even have the original engine anymore. I used to like modding cars. I lost tons of money and gained nothing out of it. Plus it made my car look like all the other integras and civics. Back then i didn't notice it. Now that i can see that i want to keep my car stock. Just look at the future. ten years from now my civic might be the only one that looks different from everyones.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
eh_civicracer said:
my car is all stock and proud of it. Open your eyes and look at all the older civics like the 89-00. Do you see a nice stock one anymore? All of them are all modded. Most of them don't even have the original engine anymore. I used to like modding cars. I lost tons of money and gained nothing out of it. Plus it made my car look like all the other integras and civics. Back then i didn't notice it. Now that i can see that i want to keep my car stock. Just look at the future. ten years from now my civic might be the only one that looks different from everyones.
Pretty much sounds like if you mod it then sale the car within a year or two later you either.

A.Face selling the car with the mods included
B. Parting out the car etc

10 years from now your civic might have a body kit,wing etc riced out.

Mods can be useful but also a money pit like you said,not many people like to buy a car thats been modified by someone because they probably think the car was abused when the car wasnt. My Civic EX Coupe is completely stock and ive had it for a year and 9 months already and 10,600 miles on it. I dont know what i should do with it because i might be selling soon anyways.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts