8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI

December has all Civics at a 1.5% lease rate, including the SI Coupe and the SI Sedan .... Unprecedented.

Enjoy

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
wow.....

·
Registered
468 Posts
****.. i just smashed my Si , and wanted another one, but i picked up a 05 STi, should have just waited if i knew it was comming

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yeah, I figured it out and Si is about $370/mo over 48 months and $336/mo over 60 months with 0 down. My price (as an employee) is well south of $300!!! Wish I had the $ right now, a few of my co-workers are taking advantage!

·
Registered
377 Posts
What about GST?

My lease was based on MSRP + freight + pst 8% + pst 6%. I'll be picking my car nest Thursday.

GST is going down to 5% in January. Can I have them recalculate the monthly lease payments?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mito, i just bought a new Si Sedan and will pick it up next week. I got the 1% discount taken off the total price. Make sure that this is noted in your sales contract as Honda Canada is offering the 1% off for December. Ask your salesman or the business manager to remove the 1% off your lease payment.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All the Honda Dealers are telling customers that thier lease or finance payments will be adjusted come january to reflect the 1% reduction.
As far as i know, they dont remove the 1% on your contract

·
Registered
182 Posts
^ no they dont remove the 1% off the contract. You still pay the full 6% GST, but then you get a 1% cash back. Thats what my contract shows.

this is off the Honda.ca website
"†Limited time 1% GST offer available at participating retailers on all new 2007/2008 Honda vehicles purchased/leased and delivered from November 2, 2007, through December 31, 2007. We will pay the 1% GST on all Honda vehicles purchased by eligible customers. For eligible lease customers, we will pay the 1% GST on lease payments made prior to January 1, 2008."

·
Registered
377 Posts
^ no they dont remove the 1% off the contract. You still pay the full 6% GST, but then you get a 1% cash back. Thats what my contract shows.

this is off the Honda.ca website
"†Limited time 1% GST offer available at participating retailers on all new 2007/2008 Honda vehicles purchased/leased and delivered from November 2, 2007, through December 31, 2007. We will pay the 1% GST on all Honda vehicles purchased by eligible customers. For eligible lease customers, we will pay the 1% GST on lease payments made prior to January 1, 2008."
When is this cash back given? When I pick up my car? I'm afraid the dealer will try to rip me. This is my first car purchase ever, I'm a virgin.

·
Banned
547 Posts
I leased one yesterday, it says on the lease that the taxes will change automatically. So my first payment is $333 and the others will be $330. It should just do it automatically.

·
Registered
929 Posts
You've only made one lease payment before January 1st 2008 (the first one during your downpayment) and assuming a lease payment somewhere between $300-$400 before taxes the 1% rebate on the GST rebate on that payment will be equal to $3-$4 so even if they do rip you off it shouldn't break you...

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I wonder how long this deal will last? I'm getting sick of my Mazda 6 and really regret ever selling my Si and was looking to trade in for another one around March. :redface:

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
I wonder how long this deal will last? I'm getting sick of my Mazda 6 and really regret ever selling my Si and was looking to trade in for another one around March. :redface:
You'll be opening the floodgates of memory when you get back in that driver's seat with a cop in your rear. ;) I'm not too sure if this is applicable to Americans since you're in the Canada forum. I know Honda is just trying to give us some competitive financing and leasing rates to retain the sales within Canada. It's just so easy for us to scoot on over to America and buy an identical car for so much less. Most of us live so close to the boarder that warranty isn't much of an issue when we can just drive 40 minutes to the states! ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts