8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to run the quarter on 5/27 and was looking for some helpfull advice from anyone that has n2o on there si. I havea set of slicks that will fit.. unfortunatley the are 26's.. little big for me but they are free and dont really wanna go on dr's. i have i/h/e and on a 125 shot.. what excatly are you guys launching at.. i was told to launch around 5k and also spraying out the whole around 4-4500k .. becuase with these size slicks i could bogg down. also on info or tips would be greatly apperciated

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I would say launch at the rev limiter the first go around and see what happens before you spray it out of the whole. Your gonna do more than 2 runs right.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Don't blow the motor up.
yea... a 125 shot man? Hope u got all the accessories (purge line, automatic bottle warmer and opener, etc... ) My buddy runs nitrous on his 04 si hatch, and its crazy fast with only some bolt ons and a 75 shot... i wouldnt even spray through 1st - 2nd the first couple times.. How much experience u have with racing sprayed?

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Damn 125shot... I can only imagine a 125shot on my car. Thats got to be a handful to get off the line. Like others said dont spray thru 1st. Im sure the slicks will help out a big amount. Post the times after the run im super curious.

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
if ur going to be running on street tires dont spray till 2nd.... if ur gunna run slicks then just preload and launch the crap out of it with spray all the way.

do u have a direct port setup or a single nozzle?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
single nozzle and no direct port.. i do have all the accesories and what not.. ive orginally had on a 75 shot and it felt good..needed more so went to the 100..still wanted that little extra ..so i decided to the 125 shot.. havent raced at track yet..but out in the street it is a beast. i been on spray now for about a 6 months and will continue to be.. will also stick with the 100 when i put they c/t stage 2 on it..

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You won't stick with the 100 once the CT STG 2 is on. No way. A 100 shot on a SC is more like a 200 shot. It's meant to chemically intercool the car when your SCed, and I'm jetting DOWN to a 35 shot (acts like a 75 shot) with my Super on.

Anyways, I went to the track with just a SRI, HFP exhaust, and a 75 shot. Managed to run mid 13s the entire time. Best run was 13.5 when Slipping the clutch at about 4K, spray a little in first, quickly hit into 2nd once you start to bounce, and then on from there.

But it's all about the launch man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts