8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1/4 mile time with I, h, e, cams?

11K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  SergEK 
#1 ·
So im lookin I to get some drag cartel 2.2 cams/ported manifold and port match it to a j37 throttle body

My question is what time you guys with cams are running? My goal is 12's with these mods on slicks and some weight reduction

I already have hybrid racing intake, skunk2 header, full-race exhaust tuned at 223whp

Ive seen 13.4 with full bolt ons and slicks so I think 12.9 with cams, ported mani and j37 tb is possible

#2 ·
I have 2.2's, ZDX 70mm - 78mm throttle body, ported RBC, ASP 4-1, etc. ,etc. My best was a 13.6 w/245-40 R888 proxy's. Had to thrash the engine/ride clutch out. Drag isn't my thing, don't wanna break anything, I just had to know what it could do not relying on dyno numbers.

#4 ·
lol thought you were going to be apart of the skunk2 crew... (JOKING).

To hit 12s on a 8th chassis you need SERIOUS weight reduction, cams and gears i.e. ITR 4th/5th and 5.0 FD. I recall K20Z3ALLMOTOR (emann) did it before he became the fastest all motor 8th gen. I would ask him on how to hit 12s but I'm positive you need gears as well.

Gears make a world of difference...

#9 ·
it's just a weekend car, i plan to do the work will the help of my brother and another friend.... not hitting 12's is not a big deal i was just wondering if it's possible with the setup i listed but i would be very happy will low 13's as my setup now (i,h,e) ran 14.3 with street tires and a bad 60ft

i will be buying the cams and valve train during the winter and the rest of what i need (rsx-s oil pump, ported mani, j37 tb) throughout the year with no rush getting all the parts i need till after next winter

#8 · (Edited)
For you to hit 12 in general you are going to need to touch the bottom end or unless you want to completely gut your car and run skinnys in the rear and 23 inch slicks.

here is my setup.
Hondata Flashpro (Tuned By W00T692)
Hybrid-Racing intake
Skunk2 Megapower Header Ceramic Coated
3in Full Race Exhaust
Ported RBC (Ported by Kris @ Hybrid-Racing)
ZDX Thorttle Body(J37)
RDX 410 Injectors
Drag Cartel 2.2 Camshafts
Go-Power 100lb Valvetrain
P113 P2R Thermal IMG
P149 P2R thermal tb gasket
P384 P2R Throttle body adapter for RBC/RRC

i know my car has mid to low 13s. i just need more seat time. ive came close on radials and street tire.

#15 ·
you can hit 12s with 150shot

The real issue is this is a HEAVY 4cyl with no turbo --- lots of factors against it running 12s in the first place

I did the Type R Final drive and it helps quite a bit --- I think cams/inake mods/good exhaust + slicks should be high 12s

Tongman ran 13.20s with bolt-ons -- with cams and final drive I would say 12s for sure (on slicks)

Throw the motor in an EG hatch and run deep 11s :woowoo:

For 6k-8k you can have this car running deep 11s reliably with an FI setup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.