8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. another "muscle" guy decided to run his trap about my Civic again... oh well. I have full bolt ons now, and my JRSC supercharger will be installed and tuned a month from now. I'm also running HFP suspension, 225/z1 star spec tires and boomba mounts are going in.

I have a friend with a manual 05 or 06? Mustang GT convertible who says that once my SC goes in I'll still have no chance with him. If we run up to the 1/4 mile track and suppose I do well for traction (I can launch well) can I get him? Anyone have first hand experience with this?

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
just keep talking more and more ish. get into his head so he trys to get a jump on you. when his tires spin from him being too mad to think straight, you should get him.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Honestly I think you will win. Those GT's had around 300hp didnt they? Depending on the bolt-ons I'm sure you are anywhere from 270hp and up and I'm sure that's enough in our little cars to pass him. With his being a convertible it's even heavier than the normal model.

·
Registered
335 Posts
race and find out!!!

bet seriously, i think its a drivers race. as long as you can get mid 13's its a hold your breath and see finish.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
There not the fastest i have a freind with a manual coupe 05 gt. I drive it all the time. She has magnaflow cat back exhaust and k&n intake. They make 300hp at the flywheel im sure somwhere arround 240-250 to the wheels. Also you have to factor in they are heavier not sure exactly but im thinking in the neighborhood of 3600pds maybe 3800 with gas and driver. I think a good launch on a supercharged si you should own it. Its gonna come down to track, tires and how you take off but you should win.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I have no problems keeping up with them stock with full bolt-ons and a tune, if you lose to a slightly modded one with a s/c, driver sucks.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
You should be fine. I think those mustangs run high 13's stock. With a decent launch it shouldn't be too hard to pull a low 13 second pass with your car. Launch the **** out of it and 12's are possible. Keep talking **** to your friend so when you smoke him he will STFU :lildevil:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
With equal drivers, the Si will win. No doubt about it. I've driven more GT's than I have Civics.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
My buddy has an 05 GT with I/E, and tune and I'm I/H/E SC stg 2. I have yet to race him at the track but we both agree my car is faster... you should be able to take him.
He has the coupe so the vert is going to be a little slower too.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I know for fact I raced a 2009 GT/CS and he beat me by not that much. He ran a 14.4 and I a 14.6. I had I/H/E/Motor Mounts. He had an exhaust.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Really? It'll pull that much harder?
The GT will most definitely pull ahead at the start because of it's higher torque, but once the cars hit 60mph or so the Si will blow past it. We're talking about a relatively stock GT here, right?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The GT will most definitely pull ahead at the start because of it's higher torque, but once the cars hit 60mph or so the Si will blow past it. We're talking about a relatively stock GT here, right?
He's bone stock, manual convertible. Says that no matter what I do to my "4 banger" his GT will always beat me, at any speed. :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
lol - he sounds like an arrogant tool. Now, you have to beat him! Show him the video of the 10 second 1/4 mile Si..., that should shut him up.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
i don't knwo what he has done, but i raced a mustang gt with just a tune and 295's on the back and he ran 13.5 @ 104 mph.

so if you get good traction you can win.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'd rather let him talk smack and then TRY and humiliate him lol!!:vtec:
haha, yeah I can understand that. My buddy was pretty much the same way before I put the blower on my car. Now, he says my car is fast since it is so light! I'm going to the track this Saturday but he won't come with my other friend until he gets his new intake and tune. In other words, he's scared! :wigglesmiley:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts