8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all.

Wanted to know what size spacer I would need to make my wheels sit flush with the factory rims. Don't want to go crazy with the spacer just make it sit flush with the fenders.

Thank you

·
Registered
777 Posts
10mm in the rear and 15 in the front makes it pretty flush.

You'll need extended studs to achieve that; if you use bolt-on spacers, that'd require to grind stock studs, which is a nightmare down the road (been there, done that...).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So then what would you recommend in rims/offset size to make the front and rear sit flush or maybe even a little outside the fender? Right now im running the stock SI 17 rims with 215/45ZR17 tires. I would rather go that way then wheel spacers.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Like I said, just change your studs to extended ones and you'll be good to run whatever set up/offset you want. You might need open end lugnuts for certain applications, but most aftermarket are.

If you prefer to go with different wheels, you can go 17x7 or 8 +35 offset. That will be pretty flush.

I'd advise against outside fit, it's personal but it really just makes the car look like a 4x4 and it can lead to broken fenders over big dips and need for a good amount of camber if you go low.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great brother. So the tires rub when you hit dips? Is that just the back? And do you have stock height or is the car lowered? Thank you.. Its looking like 17x8 are what I need
:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah. I usually don't carry passengers so I don't hear it too often but I'm sure if I hit a big dip there would be some damage. I can also hear it on fast turns. If I was lower I think it would have caused damage by now. It's only for the rear. Car is slightly lowered on springs. I bought some coilovers because I want to go lower but I need to fix the stance first.

I'll try to get a picture on level floor. I don't park on level floor so it's hard to see the drop from the pics I have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I finally installed my coilovers. I lowered the car a little more. I ended just adding some camber to the rear tires and now it does not rub at all anymore with the 235/40/17 tires. No need to roll my fenders. Now I just need to go get a proper alignment.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like I said, just change your studs to extended ones and you'll be good to run whatever set up/offset you want. You might need open end lugnuts for certain applications, but most aftermarket are.

If you prefer to go with different wheels, you can go 17x7 or 8 +35 offset. That will be pretty flush.

I'd advise against outside fit, it's personal but it really just makes the car look like a 4x4 and it can lead to broken fenders over big dips and need for a good amount of camber if you go low.
Thank you.. think I'll just wait and buy 17×8 +35 offset ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts