8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got tired of messing with my clear coat and went old school. I emulated the old brushed aluminum race car bodies from the 30s and 40s. Im not done yet and dont know if Im gonna like it or not. Takes forever to get the jeweling right,
Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, I got tired of messing with my clear coat and went old school. I emulated the old brushed aluminum race car bodies from the 30s and 40s. Im not done yet and dont know if Im gonna like it or not. Takes forever to get the jeweling right, View attachment 246474 View attachment 246475 View attachment 246476 View attachment 246474 View attachment 246475 View attachment 246476
Interesting.. did nkt think somthng like this would look so nice...are you coting it with clear after? because woulnt it rust (look) after a while expost to air

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting.. did nkt think somthng like this would look so nice...are you coting it with clear after? because woulnt it rust (look) after a while expost to air
Yep clear coat going on this morning. I changed the design of the red areas and I like it much better. I will post a pic with the car in the sun. It is kinda stuning.

Like a lot of 8th gens I had issues with bad clear coat. I have some 2 stage clear coat left over from another project so I wanted to see if I could pull this off. Def trail and error as I have had to re-sand and re-jewel several times over. I now have a process that will take about 8 hours to complete.

Will post finished product pics later to day.

Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the completed design. 2 stage clear coat went on nicely. I'm thinking of going with a black roof. It will look "meaner" and will tie in the wing and rear view mirrors,

Wheel Tire Car Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle
Will

1 - 8 of 8 Posts