8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
09's growing on you, yet?

Just curious, if people are still not liking the front end on the 09's, or if it's starting to grow on people. I personally love mine. I'm glad that I waited, for the new front end. I got my 09 on Halloween day, and have been very happy with it.

What do you think?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm split, the upper grill is rather striking, but the lower portion looks like it is trying to hard, i dislike the fog light surrounds.

the wheels need more continuity at least involving the highlight.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I like the front bumper and the wheels, but that grille is so plain. I thought the painted grille on the 2006-2008 models was much nicer. But your front bumper and wheels are far better.

The sedan got the better upgrades, I think, especially the R18's front.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
It's good on black. Every other color maybe with the exception of white it looks wierd. On the flipside, the rims have grown on me a bit.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
still not digging the EP3 style front grill.. i do however like the design of the bumper around the fog light area

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Here's the issue they made the Coupe very curvy and round, especially in the rear, suddenly they add a freaking squarish front end, it just doesnt fit. While the sedan rounded front end didnt complement the rear's more boxy square look, Now that they squared it up and made it more agressive I'd buy a 09 Civic Si Sedan.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I still think the front bumper needs to be re-done. It makes shadows at certain angles the rest of the car doesn't, it seems the bumper belongs to a different car completely.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
looks good to me. only thing i dislike is the housings for the fogs. as for the sedans, the lines are too jagged and flappy like folds of flabby skin, they remind me of shark gums. the 09 sedan front end tries too hard. i think the coupe looks better though. but i must say any of the 09 front ends look good in black and blue.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Nope, I do not like the front end on the coupes. It is too square, along with the horrible fog light design. Additionally, the wheels are not very attractive. Other than that, it looks great.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The only thing on my 09 that seems out of place is that chrome strip across the trunk. It should of been painted the same color as the car, or maybe even flat black.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts