8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, new guy here...I'm looking to buy my first Honda come June. As the title states I'm looking at the EX-L Polished Metal Metallic. I like the TW but someone told me that white paint is usually the thinnest of all paints...how much truth there is to that, I have no idea.
Anyone know for sure about that?

Anyway, on to the question...

I was looking at the Honda.com website and noticed that the specifications on their site seems a little longer then the ones on honda.ca.
Does anyone have a detailed specifications listing for the 09 EX-L from Ontario?

Thanks and :woowoo: I can't wait to get my H in June :thumb:

J

·
Registered
468 Posts
white cars are painted twice ;)

honda.ca should be your best bet when it comes to options

also u might save some money by taking a look at used ones. same warranty and what not, but alot cheaper

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
What specifications are you looking for? Now that the CDN Civics get VSA, they are basically the same as the US versions. The CDN ones have heated mirrors unlike the US Civics. No NAVI available, but they are otherwise the same.

I have a white Si and my wife had a red one and I didnt notice any difference in the paint quality.

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
:yeahthat: the paint quality on all the other colours should be the same. USA used to have different car models compared to what we get in Canada. but now that has changed and i believe that both of us have the same car models now, with only a few acceptions as DumbasSi has mentioned. Canadians have always started off with not getting Navi at all, and that could be done by adding one yourself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info.
It was just some dumb stuff that I was curious to know if we had the same as the US models.
Eg. TPM
Also, does the EX-L come standard with a rear deck lid spoiler? Obviously not one like the Si, but a smaller one?

Anyone have an 09 with the new rims, I haven't seen any in person yet, but do they look as good as or better then the previous type?
I know everyone had their own opinion but wanted to know anyway.

I really like the look of the TW colour, currently on my POS cavalier I have black which I'll never get again. It looks good when it's clean except that it stays clean for all of about 1 day then it's dirtry. I know silver colours hide dirt better. I think my colour options are TW, Polished Metal Metallic or Urband titanium metallic. Again, I haven't seen them in person to make a judgement on which I'd like better.
Although I did notice that you can't get dark grey leather in the Urban colour, maybe not in TW either :(

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
yes your EX-L will come stock with the rear deck lid spoiler, it was like that since 08 actually. the EX-L you will have leather seats compared to the other models, and have their own set of rims which i am personally not a fan of. i would prefer the older set of EX rims actually.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Phew, that's a relief, no spoiler = boring.
When I saw the rims on the honda.ca site I was like ahhh ok not really my favourite.

I wonder if they'll put an older style set on? Say from the sport model...couldn't hurt to ask.
I think the only option I'd want to add is fog lights. Other then that they can keep all their over priced add-ons.

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
i am not too sure about have the lower model rims, but you can probably ask your salesmen, about having the lower model rims instead of those that come with the EX/Ex-L. or you can just simply, buy the car as is and just trade the rims to someone who wants them as an upgrade.

·
Registered
543 Posts
yah i can deff see someone willing to trade you for the lx/ex-l type rims for your 09's,,,,that shouldnt be a problem.

what im wondering is can you ask the dealership to not put on the rear deck lid spoiler, if in the future you were to look into upgrading to the si spoiler

·
Registered
72 Posts
what im wondering is can you ask the dealership to not put on the rear deck lid spoiler, if in the future you were to look into upgrading to the si spoiler
Not likely, as all of this is done at the factory. You would have to get a body shop to fill in the holes left by the decklid spoiler

1 - 10 of 10 Posts