8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up everybody i need some feedback on whether it is possible to powercoat the 09 civic si wheels? and whether it would look good
just let me know what you all think

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the feedback, maybe some pics of them in some sort of black would be nice if there are some members with 09 powercoated wheels.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I was thinking about whether it is possible or not as well.
There's something weird going on with the wheels.
On the face, it's not just paint..
If you look closely there are scan lines radiating outwards from the center.

Don't know what it is.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was thinking about whether it is possible or not as well.
There's something weird going on with the wheels.
On the face, it's not just paint..
If you look closely there are scan lines radiating outwards from the center.

Don't know what it is.

that's just the finish left behind from machining the faces of the spokes. Any good powdercoater should be able to 'load' enogh powder in there to smooth them out (since I'm sure you're going to blast them before powder).

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
that's just the finish left behind from machining the faces of the spokes. Any good powdercoater should be able to 'load' enogh powder in there to smooth them out (since I'm sure you're going to blast them before powder).
I finally took some pics
It looks almost like an overlay.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I forgot about this thread I don't have another pic these were in the TWFA5 crew... incase you missed.

after painting wheel left and sanding wheel on the right

on the chassis (sorry shittie iPhone pix)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I forgot about this thread I don't have another pic these were in the TWFA5 crew... incase you missed.

after painting wheel left and sanding wheel on the right

on the chassis (sorry shittie iPhone pix)

That actually looks really nice.
Just out of curiosity, is it a big overlay on the face of our wheels?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
That actually looks really nice.
Just out of curiosity, is it a big overlay on the face of our wheels?
Overlay ? Its more like a clear coat that is applied to the whole face (the grey too) I didn't do too much sanding. 600 Grit sand paper scuff up the whole wheel and wash and clean.

Heres what I did:
Sand, wash, dry (used my walmart space heater on blast) I cleaned with alcohol, then lite layer, dry (space heater about 15min), lite layer, dry, lite layer dry, DONE.

What I should have done is washed, cleaned with alcohol, sand, wash, alcohol, dry then then lite layer, dry (space heater about 15min), lite layer, dry, lite layer dry, DONE.
I did this to the last wheel and it seemed to work better. Ill try to get better pics sorry no digi cam

1 - 20 of 28 Posts