8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an 09 Civic LX sedan. I know the EX comes with 6 speakers the LX only has 4. The additional two are the tweeters in the top dash next to the windshield. Does anyone know if the missing speakers on the LX are already wired. The speaker covers and space is there but I was wondering if they are already prewired.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
No there are no wires for tweeters in the LX.

Youre gonna have to splice wires if you want tweeters. They run parallel to the front door speakers.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just purchased an 09 Civic LX sedan. I know the EX comes with 6 speakers the LX only has 4. The additional two are the tweeters in the top dash next to the windshield. Does anyone know if the missing speakers on the LX are already wired. The speaker covers and space is there but I was wondering if they are already prewired.
The EX actually comes with 7 speakers (Six plus the subwoofer).

·
Registered
592 Posts
The EX actually comes with 7 speakers (Six plus the subwoofer).
off topic: for a small sub in the rear, I actually notice it in my car haha. doesn't compare to a high end sub tho lol

on topic: as the others said, ur gonna have to wire it urself/have it professionally done.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
What is a Component set...I have seen them and am pretty much intrested in doing this in my lx but can you throw some insight what is a component set....

thankx
The tweeter speaker is separate from the woofer speaker.

Coaxial, the tweeter is attached to the woofer.

·
Registered
714 Posts
The tweeter speaker is separate from the woofer speaker.

Coaxial, the tweeter is attached to the woofer.
ahhh now i get it so actually for teh front I have have 6.5" component subs and hook them up top their tweeter part in the front....hummmmthat sounds interesting........will definately look into that now.....

·
Registered
592 Posts
wrong again...i dont have navi...and i dont have a factory sub...
I have an 09 ex coupe, non navi, and there is a sub in the rear right behind the middle seat headrest. Also, if u go to tune ur sound settings, u'll notice that one of the settings ur allowed to midify is the sub.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Your not really suppsed to splice in anything into the speaker wires, thats just the wrong way to do it.
If you want tweeters, your going to need the tweeters themselves and a crossover. Install wire into crossover, then there will be two sets of wires coming out of the cross over. one for the door speakers, one for the tweeters.
Without doing that your tweeters will sound just like the doors which isnt good because it wont sound good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe the sub comes on the Coupes. Not sure if it's just the EX's or not, but I don't think the four doors get the sub.

Mike

·
Registered
594 Posts
If you really want tweeters you might as well pickup some 6.5" coax 3ways. Something with removable tweeters, leave one on the woofer in door and mount one off each in the dash where the stock ones would go. The stock tweeters use a capacitor that is on the side of the tweeter instead of using a crossover, cheaper I guess.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts