8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My buddy just picked up a used Z from a private dealer, triple black with 22K on the motor, things mint, all stock. Mines completely stock as well, so we had a bit of a spirited run on a multilane local roadway (don't try this at home kids) last night, and when we reached our rally point he was impressed with my car, he thought he was going to dust me. I on the other hand just thought he was busting my chops by not pulling away hard and even slingshotting past me on the draft a few times. My car was in VTEC range the entire time as I switched between 4th & 5th, his is all steady power through the tach.

Now granted he (6'00"-210 LBS) had a 3/4 of a tank with his wife (5'4"-120 LBS) riding shotgun, empty trunk, with the top up. I (6'-00"-175 LBS) was at 1/4 of a tank, solo, with my golf clubs and small duffel bag in the trunk. He was carrying a bit more weight as well but overall it was very close when both of us were at wide open throttle.

So I just looked up some specs and was surprised a bit to realize the numbers...I also threw in the Shelby for the hell of it. Figures show the Si has the best overall power to weight ratio of other other two machines, I'd also assume the best fuel mileage, Honda really did a great job on this car.

2004 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast Roadster Convertible Comparisons - Motor Trend Magazine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.