8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn on the car in the mornings ill turn the key and ill have to hold it a bit longer than normal, what could it be? All i have is an intake.....any ideas?

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
Our cars will delay sometimes when starting for emissions purposes. The temperature has an effect on this, nothing to worry there is nothing wrong.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sometimes it's the emission's control. Makes you feel like an idiot when it turns over and won't start.

Anyway, these things have weak batteries, starters, something I am not sure. It's almost like you get just enough to start the darn thing and nothing more. My mom has an rsx and it's the same way.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I found when it's below 40 degrees, on the first AM cold start if I turn the key two clicks forward, then wait 2 seconds, then initiate the starter, the motor turns over a bit quicker, possibly due to the fuel pump being engaged electrically a tad before the ignition sequence is finalized, I'm not positive that's the case, however it does seem to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.