8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i'm new here and just bought my 08 fbp si sedan a few weeks back. i haven't had any issues with it until just recently-- the weather here in the bay area has been dipping down to the 30's and when i get into the car in the morning/afternoon and start it cold and start driving, it does this awkward lurching thing (like i'm riding the clutch or something-- except i'm not doing so at all!) through first and second gear when i let off the gas to coast a bit.

any idea what might be causing this? the only thing i can think of is that since the car is dbw, maybe there is an electromagnetic pulse causing the throttle to go nuts. has anyone had this issue happen to them?

also, the lurching stops after the car warms up a little bit but, seeing as this is a new ride, i don't think it should be lurching at all (not to mention that 30degrees isn't really all that cold!). thanks in advance!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you guys are fantastic. :) thanks for setting my mind at ease-- i was hoping that the car just had to warm up (noting how the issue goes away after a minute or two of driving) but i always fear the worst. thanks again!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
why would you drive off without letting your car warm up?

waiting 5 - 7 mins makes a difference.
I would expect that I could start up my brand new car and drive without having to 'warm it up.' I had never had any issues when just jumping into my ej8, starting it up and driving off.

Now, I know that I should give it some time to warm up or deal with the lurching. :biggrin:

Thanks again.:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts