8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, something really weird happened to my car on Friday while I was driving to work in the freeway.

I was currently in 5 gear and at around 75-80mph and decided to rev match then down shift into 4th gear and ride Vtec all the way until it hit redline at 95mph. I did not over rev my engine as the speed limits for each gear has been stated.

Well the problem was as soon I hit redline, I put it back into neutral and noticed all the indicators in my cluster began blink ie. battery light, oil light, brake light, etc.

The car just shut off. This has never happened to me before. I'm very surprised. I will bring in my car to the Honda Dealer on Monday for a engine diagnosis. I did Vtec it after it shut off and it felt like normal again. Can any of you guys explain to me what could have happened?

By the way, I have 6,700 miles on my car, engine oil life is at 60%, and the only engine modification I have was a brand new DIY X-Intake that I purchased less than 500 miles ago here on 8thcivic from a fellow member. Thanks guys in advance for your help.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that could be it since my next oil change is at 7400 miles which is pretty close since I am at 6700 right now but my cluster says I have 60% oil life left. Sorry I'm not too competent with the technicals of an engine, but if thats the case, what damages have I done to my engine now and what further damages would I be expecting?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.