8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 08 LX with 06 si rims and 225/45/17 Kumho ASX tires. Have had them on about a year and have rotated regularly. Car is not lowered and I'm getting inner tire wear. We bought it Feb 09 and put the tires on May 09. I just had it aligned in Feb 10. Could have this just been an alignment problem or could it be something else? I'm dissappointed at how badly these tires are wearing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
There was a TSB on the 06 Civics Non SI's on replacement of camber arms for tire wear.. Look through the TSB section.. I had mine replaced under warranty and had half of my tire bill paid for....

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Sounds like an alignment problem, or you need 3-5mm spacers so the Si rims fit(only applies for EX, LX, DX, etc.). If the toe is misaligned, the excessive tire wear would be the result. Bring it back and have them correct it.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump again. I got it aligned and the backs are what are wearing. If I had them set the camber to 0, would that help out on the tire wear? I doubt that spacers would help as that will just push the wheel/tire out not correcting the camber/toe issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts