8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my friend, thetopher, reviewed my HFP civic. It came out pretty good. Hope you like it.

I got HFP suspension, HFP exhaust, use your headphones- sounds way better,
Eibach front and rear sway bars, Enkei PF01 wheels, EBC green pads, engine- stock. My goal was to have a car the way the Si community think it should have come out of the factory.

Tell me what you think, should I go for the engine next or just stay pat.

Chris

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cool car, Chris. I liked the ride-along video. You've obviously taken great care of that car. So the GTI is "much faster", huh? I wouldn't have guessed there would be that much of a difference, but I've never driven a GTI.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah its faster, it was weird on the video. I should have fleshed that GTI vs Si out more but I wasnt really sure if I should talk or not at various points. Initially I assumed he wanted me to be silent but than obviously not. it was a fun experience but I wish I had gone over the rev hang issues and third gear issues that plagued a lot of people, and I never even said what HFP is or why I never Flashpro'd it. the video would have been better that way.

but this is the difference
say your going 70 on the hwy and u need to pass. typically I downshift to 4rth gear in the civic. its massive increase in power and it sounds good. a perfect rev match is awesome

in the GTI, going 70 in 6th gear, I just hit the pedal and the acceleration is the same and its very ho hum. say I downshift into 4 gear, its little faster but it doesn't really make or sound difference, you don't hear the roar of the engine etc...

I really like both cars and I drive the GTI more probably because Im older now. but in a way they are opposites.

so it depends- the civic is slower with more drama the GTI is faster but kinda boring.

the handling is different too yet the same- the civic with HFP and sway bars feel so much more athletic to me than the GTI but but the GTI handles nearly the same with a nicer ride in the video I forgot to check the tire pressures and when I left they were only 30 PSI and usually im at 35.

Thanks for watching

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you have any issues with your gti- Mine is now about 130K and coolant goes low in the winter, and that CEL comes on and off periodically. I still like it but I wonder if Im gonna get to 220K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts