8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'08 Civic EX Coupe...
Has anyone else experienced their interior plastic components, Sun Visor, A/B Pillar covers.... have become sticky or tacky to the touch,
I suspect its likely a common problem, especially in hot climates, like South Florida, where a car sits outside in the sun and weather year round.

Any suggestions on methods to possibly restore the plastic back to normal... it not inexpensive to replace.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic LX Coupe 5MT
1 Posts
'08 Civic EX Coupe...
Has anyone else experienced their interior plastic components, Sun Visor, A/B Pillar covers.... have become sticky or tacky to the touch,
I suspect its likely a common problem, especially in hot climates, like South Florida, where a car sits outside in the sun and weather year round.

Any suggestions on methods to possibly restore the plastic back to normal... it not inexpensive to replace.
I know with the sun visor, they have a tendency to melt because the plastic sucks. Just a couple months ago I had to buy a new sun visor for the passenger side because the internals melted, and the retention spring broke everything. So it wouldn't surprise me if those other components are made with the same plastic. Unfortunately, in the case of my visor, you will probably have to replace it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had to replace the passenger side Sun Visor also, as a matter of fact I just received yet another one to replace it again...

It seems like the plastic on the a-pillar is a different color and texture from the sun-visor, but has the same tacky/sticky feel.

Was hoping to see something from a detailer, or restoreer, that would revive the parts back to normal, wondering if its because I uses armor all or something over the years that caused it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts