8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a new civic, and I found a dealer with a white 08 si sedan, but I really like the styling of the new civics, mainly the front bumper. The thing is, I can get a way better deal on the 08, which only has 3000 miles on it. After reading a lot of posts, it seems like some people are installing an 09 bumper and grille on their 08's. This would be cool, but I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to switch the 08 sedan bumper with an 08 coupe bumper, which I think looks better, and would be cheaper than installing the 09 bumper (I'm assuming). So, basically I was wondering if anyone has done this, or knows if it is possible to do, and roughly how much it might cost.

One more thing, I noticed that you have to switch the front grille when you switch the 08 bumper to an 09, so would you have to switch the grille if you just switched it for the coupe bumper?

Hopefully that was clear enough, and any help/info/advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I searched for this topic but obviously not as thoroughly as i should have. There are plenty of posts about it that explain why this does not work. But, I guess on a new note, is there any aftermarket front bumpers that would look clean with the rest of the stock body that I could install? I don't have a huge budget, but something that could possibly implement fog lights would be nice. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Sorry, I searched for this topic but obviously not as thoroughly as i should have. There are plenty of posts about it that explain why this does not work. But, I guess on a new note, is there any aftermarket front bumpers that would look clean with the rest of the stock body that I could install? I don't have a huge budget, but something that could possibly implement fog lights would be nice. Any suggestions?
convert to an 09 front. thats about it if u like that look more

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahaha, I saw that pic in another thread, thats funny, noooo nothing like that. Actually, after looking at the different pics of the 08 sedans I'm starting to like them a lot more. Seeing it in person helped too, its real sharp looking. If it ends up that a brand new si might only be a couple thousand more than the 08 I was looking at, then I might go with an 09. Either way, I like them both and know I will be happy with either of them.

It might not be for a few months, but when I get one Ill post pics of it and any mods that I might throw on there. Thanks for all the info, this is a great site!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts