8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im bout to hit 200k miles for my 08 civic si. I got a couple problems. A/c doesn't work and my radio only last 2-3 mins then it cuts off. might have to do with when my car alarm kept going off at night so I disconnected the battery so it doesn't. I've taken the car all over California and the Bay Area and is still running strong just changed the spark plugs but any recommendations on what I should change next before it dies out on me? Trying to get another 2 years out the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’d highly suggest the following in no specific order. Do them and your vehicle will last longer, and be safer.

Brake fluid flush
Rotors/ pads with a good caliper sliding pin rebuild + a really good bleed job
Coolant flush
Transmission fluid flush
Pcv valve
Clutch master cylinder replacement
Valve lash adjustment w/ new valve cover gasket
Check you shocks on all four corners. Replace with some kyb complete struts in axle pairs
Alignment

As for your a/c issue. Look around and find a repair shop that offers “free” ac inspection, take notes and replace components yourself if possible. Then have your system vacuumed and refilled at a shop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’d also suggest lubing your doors, trunk, and sunroof moldings to keep interior noise down and cabin sealed properly. Cabin filter replacement as well. Your air quality matters for your health in the long run :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good info Here. I have an 08 FA5 as my daily driver with 150K miles and am in need of a full fluid flush outside of oil and transmission.

Never thought to relube the doors but great tip.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used silicone spray to lube the rubber tracks that the electric windows go up and down in. It was like night and day. The windows are so much faster now. You could try that. Its cheap and quick and makes a whole lot of difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts