8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can my audio guys help me out here. What's the difference between the 8th generations radio harness without premium sound and ones with premium sound/navigation? I need to replace my oem radio harness on my 8th gen with premium sound system & navi. But are they universal for both types of OEM sound systems? My car is a 08 ex-l

·
Registered
677 Posts
The main functional difference between the models with and without Premium Sound is that the Premium Sound models have a standalone amplifier (which is buried under the center console by the firewall) as well as a subwoofer in the back, while the non-premium has no sub and is "interally amplified" by the headunit itself and has no standalone amplifier. The electrical harnesses between the two will look the same if you were to pull the headunits out of the dash and have the same connectors on the back, but they don't really handle the audio the same way. I would say to be safe you'd want to go through a reputable seller like Crutchfield and buy a model specific harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts