8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just bought my 08 civic ex only has 300 miles on it.. at low rpms andything uncer 3500 it will stumble or hesitate while under accelerating or just driving.. does anyone else have this problem? should i just take it in to see what the dealer will say? I really wasnt expecting this from my brand new honda..

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Do you mean hesitation when you hit the gas? For example, you hit the gas and get a delay in response? If so, that's just drive-by-wire lag.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no theres no delay but if your just cruising at part throttle it will buck/hesitate then pick up above 3krpms

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I have never driven an automatic civic, but I would imagine it's the low torque of these cars?

If I step on my gas in 4th gear while my RPMs are at like 2k, my Si isn't going anywhere soon until it goes above 3k or so. These cars like to rev high. =)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a man. tranny not an auto.. fells like a car with a tune out of wack but its stock and new!!!!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Well, you have to be in the right gear in these low torque cars if you want to mash the gas like that.

If I'm in 5th and I need to accelerate fast then I will drop it to 3rd with a nice fast rev match and now my RPMs are high and my car will actually move when I slam on the gas. =)

Your car has less power than mine so I'm sure it's worse for you. :\

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let it warm up to full operating temperature.

it will still happen throught the day when the car is up to full temp.. i must be the only one with the same problem.. just filled the car up with fresh gas and doesnt seem to do it as much.. maybe bad/old gas from manufacturer?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
it will still happen throught the day when the car is up to full temp.. i must be the only one with the same problem.. just filled the car up with fresh gas and doesnt seem to do it as much.. maybe bad/old gas from manufacturer?
Might have been sitting on the lot for quite some time.

·
Banned
173 Posts
dealer accomodates with regular gas not premium...

also yeah when its cold itll buck. Hope you read all the problems that this car has with trans etc....

and notice that the dealer often says never heard of such problems etc... many stories on it. g/l a/c sux ass too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
08Blacex:

I had the same impressions when I first picked up my 08 EX Coupe a couple of months ago. Especially during the first couple of hundred miles. It was an almost imperceptible hesitation, not particular to one gear or one rpm zone. I cannot explain it, although I can offer this advice, and it's served me well over many years and through many new car purchases...

Give it a couple thousand miles to shake out some of these things. Often, vibration type noises and other issues seem to work themselves out as the engine breaks in.

I have 2500 miles on my coupe now and the hesitation is gone - haven't experienced it for some time now.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
My EX MT does this also slightly. Only if I am between approximately 2000-3500 RPM and get on the gas. I believe it is the i-vtec on the R18. At those revs at low throttle it is using the "economy" cam profile. If you get above those RPMs or if you get on the gas (more load) it will switch back to the standard cam profile for more performance. You may just be feeling this switchover. Just a thought.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah it is not doing it as much now it has about 375 miles.. i hope its just part of a break in period.. it does get a bit anoying going up hills and such.. thanks for the tips.. i will keep updates as i put more miles on it..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Still hesitating

I've got 1800+ miles on my 07 Ex Cpe w/ M/T and it still hesitates. I thought sure maybe it sat on a lot somewhere so I ran Premium through it. That didn't help. I cleaned the MAF sensor. That didn't help. I took it to honda this morning and they said nothing was wrong with it.

Next I'm changing the spark plugs and air filter and removing the 6+ feet of air manifold. No reason for that sh*t, yes the car makes noise when it sucks air into the engine...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how do they say nothing is wrong? did they drive it and see?? you shouldt have to clean anything out at 1800 miles..plugs and air filter shouldnt need to be touched either.. unless honda has the plugs gaped wrong out of the factory... im not sure what to do...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts