8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic SI
42 Posts
Hopefully you figure out the smell soon. Mold can definitely have a bad smell. It does grow with moisture so maybe rent a commercial style dehumidifier that they would use when doing mold treatment in a house. Put it in the garage with your car and let it sit in there and run. Not sure if that would work but something to try. Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hopefully you figure out the smell soon. Mold can definitely have a bad smell. It does grow with moisture so maybe rent a commercial style dehumidifier that they would use when doing mold treatment in a house. Put it in the garage with your car and let it sit in there and run. Not sure if that would work but something to try. Good luck!
i appreciate it, ive found where the mold is at. now im trying to figure out how to take the piece out so i can clean it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try this:

You push the tube all the way up through the drain line under the car and empty the entire can and let it sit for about 15 minutes, then run your car with the AC on full for another 15 minutes. It works great. My 06 Si coupe smelled awful and this really helped. I do it now during every oil change.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What piece was it? You can turn on your AC to try any condensation out of the car. Lots of people don't know you can turn the heat on with the AC and it will dry the air in the cabin. Also spray some Lysol down the cabin vents. Then some air freshener.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
What piece was it? You can turn on your AC to try any condensation out of the car. Lots of people don't know you can turn the heat on with the AC and it will dry the air in the cabin. Also spray some Lysol down the cabin vents. Then some air freshener.
so i actually figured it out! the thing that held the mold was the outside air door. opens up when u turn off recirculation. managed to get to it and got it clean! now all im doing is clearing up any other issues with some air sani.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts