8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had any problems. Till a couple months ago check engine light came on after a few days went out this happened a couple times recently about a couple weeks ago I started hearing a little knocking noise check engine light came back on about a week ago. Stopped by auto store and had them to check the code in fact stopped by two stores and code p0240 catalyst system efficiency below threshold B1and p1659 ETCS control relay off malfunction. System said solution replace catalytic converter which is 4-5 hundred and other part 3-4 hundred. My question is could it be something else that cause that code. Don't notice no power loss or anything outside that tapping noise. Was going to adjust my values till I was told this. But I did use heat gauge and check temperature at catalytic converter one time top 140 bottom 220 check again top 170 bottom 220 would appreciate if someone could steer me the best way to determine my actual problem on knocking noise and codes truly would appreciate can't just go off of the scanner

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update went to a shop see what they thought the tap was and guy said I have a cracked block on the inside. No he didn't take engine apart only listen to it on the lift. My question if I had a cracked block, I should lose compression and power are am I wrong

1 - 2 of 2 Posts