8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the group! I could use some guidance. I recently got rod knock in my 08 civic coupe lx 5speed (1.8) and was wondering what options I have as far as a swap, I'm guessing not ALL 8th gen civics have the same exact chassis n mounts.. I've seen I think mugen and hybrids that I'm sure are different? Anyway I'll consider anything but I'd rather the swap not be harder than it has to

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Anything with the R18 will work. Make sure to get 2009 and up engine. Preferably a 2010 or 2011. The auto and manual engines are the same. Just have to swap some of the parts to make it work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey everyone, new to the group! I could use some guidance. I recently got rod knock in my 08 civic coupe lx 5speed (1.8) and was wondering what options I have as far as a swap, I'm guessing not ALL 8th gen civics have the same exact chassis n mounts.. I've seen I think mugen and hybrids that I'm sure are different? Anyway I'll consider anything but I'd rather the swap not be harder than it has to
Bro, K20 it or k24 it and pay the normal insurance. You'll be cooler than everyone. The engines are everywhere. If you live in a big city someone will know how to do the swap for $600-800.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts