8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

381 - 383 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
this ****** thread should be deleted..

It would really be funny if he just had a simulated hondata program running on a laptop in his car and fooled all of you lol.. We have all been owned haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for all the feed back guys, positive or negative. Of course we like the positive more but there is a lot to learn from negative comments too. Now I know this deal isnt for everyone, and thats fine. If you just what a stock engine with bolt ons the reflash is probably the better option. But for the guys that what want bigger cams, or a 2step, or a k24 short block, or a big Hp turbo setup, or datalogging, or endless tuning posabilaties...........this is for you. This car is just the first one and this customer wanted the DBW gone because he hated the rev hang and sluggish throttle response. I also think we can do this and leave the DBW in tacked and keep the gauges working but I wont know for sure until we do it. There shouldnt be any problem doing this with AEM EMS ether. I got the idea after we installed and tuned AEM EMS (for a Honda Kseries) on a turbo Scion. The scion has all gauges working and still runs the DBW and MAF with the scion ecu and AEM working together. When I got to the point that we knew it was going to work a little light came on in my head and said "maybe we can do this to a new Si as well. Now here we are 4 months later and it works on the Si too. And its cheaper than you probably think.

Now as far as the Dyno sheet goes. The first line was 184hp and the only mods to the car were the 70mm exhaust and a cut stock air box. The second graph we made 202hp with an untuned intake tube, TB adapter plate (IE TB spacer), stock header and cat, 70mm exhaust, and tuning the Kpro. The testing was done on a Superflow dyno that reads a little bit lower than a Dynojet but I prefer the Superflow for tuning. If we put the car on the Dynojet down the street it will be around 208-210hp and even more if it was on a Dynapac. So I feel we are right on par with were we should be with this car. A header will make a bigger jump in power but we are waiting to install one until the K24 bottom end is in so we know the header will clear everything. Who knows, maybe we will pull my 300+Hp allmotor K24a out of my hatch and drop it in this Si for a few runs :vtec:

PS I was under the impression we are the first ones to get Kpro working in the new Si along with the gauges and AC or am I wrong. If there is another I would love it see it.
I have a question could you tell me what all has to be done for me to get K Pro in my car and all the gauge working

381 - 383 of 383 Posts