8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: car is totalled but feel free to comment thank you :)

Its been a while now that ive wanted to do a k-swap on a Ek, but im very picky on the year and body work of the car. So i finally came across one that i couldnt let go and now shes mine...

right now she sits as she did when i bought her a week ago but as paychecks roll and time goes on this Ek will change and ill make sure to post every stage right here...ENJOY :usa:

The pics from the day i first went and looked at the car.

EXTERIOR came with, fresh paint (still trying to find what exact color it is),15 inch sportmax wheels with falken ziex ze-912's,yellow fogs,carbon fiber painted the color of the car duckbill and some kind of front lip which is prolly gona come off for a future mugen lip..

INTERIOR came with, s2000 seats and a rsx steering wheel which really won me over :dancing:

SUSPENSION: skunk2 coilovers with more to come

the motor is nothing but a sohc d16y7 at the moment but that will be coming out as soon as possible :thumbsup:

stay tuned for later pics

07blacksi09 updated on: 6-2-2010 :woot:

Picked up a k24a4 motor yesterday...heres a pic

made a revised parts list and my total came out to $4,584.21 with a little extra stuff that i need to get from the salvage yard from a 92-95 civic....not too bad less than what i was expecting...when i do my FA5 partout ill use that money to buy my type s head and trans

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bro your EK has inspired me to get a del sol, EG or EK within a month or so.. :woot:
I plan to do the same thing you're going to do a k20 swap :woowoo:
Thanx...it takes alot of work,time,and money but when you take it for the first test drive it makes it worth more than any b series,h series,or d series....your automatically getting bone stock 160whp with the crappiest k series and that's the element k24a4 just think if you got ur hands on a type s motor :thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,622 Posts
Thanx...it takes alot of work,time,and money but when you take it for the first test drive it makes it worth more than any b series,h series,or d series....your automatically getting bone stock 160whp with the crappiest k series and that's the element k24a4 just think if you got ur hands on a type s motor :thumbsup:
yeah i know, i plan to do a few things at a time like the paint job i plan to paint it ASM or PMM, the interior then the engine. I found a k20a enigine for $5,800

JDM K20A Integra / RSX Type-R Engine

2.0 Liter iVTEC Engine hydro operated tranny 220hp/152tq/11.5 Compression Ratio. Motor Swap incls LSD Tranny, ECU, axles with half shaft, stock shift linkage, stock motor mounts, alternator, starter, clutch, flywheel, intake manifold, fuel rail, injectors, distributor, engine harness. Motors average 10,000 miles and come with a 100% start up warranty.

thats what it includes, so maybe... or i'll get a k20z3 :excited: I can't wait!

plus i got a friend that could do all the work for me :D

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.