8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so this is my second attempt at this build. My last build was involved in a tragic accident that not only cost me my car but cost me my best friend so this build is for my boy Joshua Ryan O'Keefe

My first attempt:http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/car-builds/211570-07blacksi09s-ek-kswap-build.html

So after looking..... and..... looking for ANOTHER clean EK I finally found one. :dancing:

This car actually wowed me when i saw it in person because i had to actually look for body damage and there's is very...very..very little at that. With it being clean and all there are some issues like the suspension is pretty shot and the interior was eh lets just say they liked to eat.

What to see in this build???? To much plans to list just follow along and enjoy :usa:

Surprises to follow :)

SPONSORS.....:woot:

Page 1
Introducing the build
removing sound deadening
installing ctr lip and fogs

Page 2
sanding and priming the inside
wire tucked inside

Page 3
before and after clean up
started drilling out spot welds
removing the dash

Page 5
plugging the holes where the drain plugs were.
putting the dash back in.

Page 6
Installed:
BLOCK
K20A2 Shortblock
ERL Darton MID Sleeves
Pauter Rods
87mm Wiseco Pistons, upgraded to large pin 10:1
Castillo Crankshaft
S2000 oil pump
Hybrid racing chain tensioner
K24 oil pan(tap already)
New k20 timing cahing

HEAD
Brian crower springs n retainers
Arp head studs
Supertech Valves,seal,and guides
Cosmetic Head gasket
3 angle valve job
RBC polish intake

Cleaned up and power washed my eg subframe and manual steering rack and some pics of goodies i picked up
Page 7
Goodies from Hybrid Racing

Page 8
OLD motor out New motor in

Page 9
Finished up on some wiring and shifter
Started motor for the first time

k20 block cleaned up ready for machining

The first time i layed eyes on her :eek:mg:

Got the car home and started gutting it out to get it ready for paint...

8/26/2010-Today i started taking the sound deadening out and put on a ctr front lip that i got with the car and a ctr front grill that i picked up and last but not least hooked up my new OEM fog lights (also took some new pics of the car the way it sits now.

SOUND DEADENING....
Used lots and lots of dry ice to get the sound deadening

My new KNOCKOFF BRIDE seat :dancing:

All the sound deadening I took out today

CTR LIP AND FOGGIES.....

THE WAY THE CAR SITS TODAY.....

Thats all for today... Next on the list....

-Pull the dash and clean it up a little.
-Stripping the useless and heavy SRS out
-Finish stripping out the sound deadening

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
:eek2: damnn son back again :clapping:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Dude I love you NOgheymo!

However, I think you should of kept the SI.... **had to let that out***

You be safe... Build your car... that's what you're making your living doing...

When you're done with school I'm :waiting: for you to do my turbo install :giggle:

but Honestly I have alot of faith in you... You're like my little Brother for another mother...

so stay up! I like your Plate frame :drooling:

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
awsome brah.. like this one better then the last cant wait to take some pixors......

question removing the sound deadening does what? i cant imagine the weight loss is worth it ?
well i have two reasons 1 is weight yes but the main reason because im gutting it out and painting the interior so taking out the sound deadening gives it a more smooth/clean look

btw you wouldnt believe how much that stuff weighs i put it in a trash bag and its already about as heavy as a overfilled kitchen trash bag would feel and its only a quarter of the way full.

·
Registered
846 Posts
well i have two reasons 1 is weight yes but the main reason because im gutting it out and painting the interior so taking out the sound deadening gives it a more smooth/clean look

btw you wouldnt believe how much that stuff weighs i put it in a trash bag and its already about as heavy as a overfilled kitchen trash bag would feel and its only a quarter of the way full.
second that...luv that ek..keep up tha good work..

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm actually looking forward to this.
thanks Jared

:drooling: i want an ek, you should slam it more! btw whats sound deadening?
SLAM IT MORE!!!!!!?????? lol im already having enough trouble getting in and out of the driveway...maybe if you see me at a show one day in florida ill have it slammed other than that i like to keep it from getting stuck on the railroad tracks

sound deadning is the black rubber stuff under your carpet and seats to keep the noise level down

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
good work son keep it up less weight the faster you gooo

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah true but im not really worried about the weight... they proved every 100lbs taken away takes away .10 off your track time but what sucks about it is in order for that to be true you have to launch at the same time every time....lol unless your a nhra driver i dont see that happening very easily....found that out in school and thought it was funny cuz people take their spare tires out of their full interior car at the track

1 - 20 of 210 Posts