8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 LX. Trunk light was sporadic some months now, sometimes off sometimes on. Then it went dark 3 months ago. Brought new integrated led assembly, also not working.

All interior lights work. Nearby central brake light above it works. Checked the trunk latch, as in took off the plastic covers to see loose electrical connection, no.

EDIT: I looked at the latch switch in daylight, it seems to toggle between on and off at the contacts SO it should be registering. When I drive around with the trunk wide open, I don't get any warning light.

What can this be? What do I test next?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just so people know what fixes it, it was the trunk latch afterall. Mechanically the switch seemed to work but for some reason it just wasn't working. If you're gonna fix it, I would also get a replacement plastic cable snap (74852-SDA-A21) and the three washers near it on the diagram for the end of the cable attached to the trunk lock just in case, mine fell off inside the panel during replacement and now I have to wait again to have a usuable trunk.

Quick tip: first time testing if the replacement latch works again okay dokey, fold back seats forward so you have access to trunk from inside the car before closing the trunk. Because the only way to do fold seats this with this era Civic is from trunk or to spend time disassemble the bottom seat which is a PITA. This way if you accidentally screw up like I did, you save time and can get to the inside quick release right away. I tested the latch with a screwdriver and it worked but slamming the trunk revealed the missing washers were necessary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts