8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to the forum so sorry if this is in the wrong place or anything like that. I have a 2007 FA5, just hit 156k miles. My coolant seems at a normal level and my oil is fine, nothing milky or wrong with it and the car isn’t over heating at all. I can drive all over town and nothing is wrong but when I’m idling at lights if I’ve been driving for an hour or two white smoke will just start coming out. Enough to see where it will come past my windows and up to the front of the car. I’m not sure if it’s the head gasket failing or what. Please help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have any mods? I’m running skunk 2 headers without flash pro. My car is doing the exact same thing. I already bought new ngk spark plugs and also pcv valve. Pretty good amount of white smoke at idle

·
Registered
2008 Fg1
113 Posts
Does the smoke have any scent? It may just be something from the manufacturer that is burning. Would it be steam from condensation?

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you have no cat it will do this. If you have a cat, it will add fuel to warm up the cat faster. Once it's all warmed up it shouldn't be doing this, esp at idle. You notice this more in places like Canada in the winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts