8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

07 Si vs. Gti 1.8t?

6K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  ethlar 
#1 ·
New to the forums...

A buddy of mine has a 1.8t GTI and all the time he keeps laughing about "VTAK" and my new Si. If I would chose to race him, any idea of the outcome....

Si...I/E/RH

GTI...Tune, 3" Exhaust, FMIC and Turbo Inlet Pipe

Any opinions on if I should win or not?

#10 ·
This threads gonna be locked man(street racing) and also for the amount of accidents and things I'v seen beleive me when I say go the track. But I honestly think it will be close, I know with a basic tune on a GTI you can gain 20-30whp or so. I took a ride in my friends 1.8t passat and its a big car and still hauls...he has a front mount tune exhaust intake and a bunch of other things

#13 ·
It depends on what year Mkiv. 99-01 had a 150hp 1.8t while 02-05 had 180hp. Close race....at the track.

I was in the mid 13's (13.7) with my 02 GTI 1.8t

mods were as follows:

Revo stageII reflash
Audi TT FPR
Swiss Cheesed w/K&N oem airbox
3" Turbo back exhaust
ABD Upper and lower intercooler pipes
Ported intake manifold
Hyperboost Diverter valve (BOV)

#16 ·
My buddy has an 05 GTI and I have a 07 Si we raced at Pueblo Motorsports Park (4800ft/7500DA). It was a decent race once i got my launching figured out. I ran a 16.3 at 84.55 and he ran a 16.1 at 85.5. He had a programmer for his car and nothing else. I am bone stock minus some Volks and NT555s. The slow et's are due to elevation... basically add a second to the times if you want to be at sea level. Overall it was a fun night of racing, It's driver vs. driver. You'll have fun. If he beats you, just tell him he is boosted. If you beat him, just tell him he is boosted. He'll like that. It's all good!

#25 ·
No, stock the dyno is closer to 170whp. I stand by what I said since I owned one with similar mods.

Heres a dyno, with these mods:

APR S/93/Exhaust File, Short ram w/ AEM Dry-Flo, Greddy Type 31 FMIC, N249 Bypass, Forge 007 diverter valve, 3" Turbo Back/no cat.

#30 ·
- I thnk 02, maybe 03-06 GTi's put down about 170 to the wheels (stock) Previous ones had the old ko3, not the ko3 sport turbo so they put out less power.
- Chipped 1.8t's still suck on the top end, the ko3 sport just can't handle it.
- The average 1.8t driver with a chip and turbo back exhaust doesn't know how to launch so i wouldn't be worried.

Basicaly get a good launch, and I believe chipped or not, with the mods you listed you should take him if not it should be fun.

I know it's not the same cars but four runs back to back (I was not chipped) In my 1.8t with full turboback exhaust, /intake and turbo inlet tube vs rsx type-s (stock) I beat the **** out of him (2-3 car lengths to 110) in three of the races.. in one of them i bogged the launch and couldn't catch up.
(for the record I ran a 14.6 in my 03 GTi 1.8t with just an injen cai (non chipped), and rear seats removed 1/4 tank of gas with me in the car that weighed out @ 2917)

#34 ·
yeah!! Wanna race my r32?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.