8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock 07 Si and this one guy i met wants to race me. He has a 04 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS thats also stock. Both cars are stick. I know the GTS has a V6 210 hp and 205lbs of torque and weights around 3000lbs. We all know Si's lack torque but its a bit lighter than GTS. Do u guys this i can beat him?

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
The SI will win because it's the car of God. The fastest car on earth. There is no match for it. Don't you know this already???? Just go ahead and put down your pink slip on the race.

·
Registered
897 Posts
MutantCheese said:
The Eclipse is ugly, therefore you will win....lol

Post up some results.
:rotfl:

THAT statement is so true around here. I mean a lot of people seem to think that if a car is uglier than the Civic it can't possibly be faster. Nice reply...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nighthawk07 said:
The SI will win because it's the car of God. The fastest car on earth. There is no match for it. Don't you know this already???? Just go ahead and put down your pink slip on the race.
name a car that you can buy brand new for 21g and can beat the si. remeber im talking about brand new.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Pdivizzle0112 said:
eclipses are dogs. even the new ones arent like Si's

lol ummm no. The new v6's will beat an Si stock for stock all day long. I hope you were kidding. The 04 that the thread is referring to the Si should beat no problem.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Anubis said:
lol ummm no. The new v6's will beat an Si stock for stock all day long. I hope you were kidding. The 04 that the thread is referring to the Si should beat no problem.
:yeahthat:

The new ones are pushing 260hp if I remember right...the '04 mentioned originally...should be no problem for Si.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Uhmmmm i actually had the 00 V6 eclipse and ill be honest with you, the eclipse will keep up wit the SI....i understand the weight factor and all, but good luck n post results
ohhh n the 07 eclipse, its a beast, believe me...not tryin to say i'd choose that over the SI, but comparing a 2.0 vs a 3.8 (i think)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nighthawk07 said:

:laughing:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
eh_civicracer said:
name a car that you can buy brand new for 21g and can beat the si. remeber im talking about brand new.

$21 and change for a SI

or

$22 and change for a MS3

*** the 2 cars are priced very close but the 2 stock for stock perfromance wise isn't close

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im going to race him this weekend. Ill tell you guys what the outcome is. I'm getting more confident now. Thx guys!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts