8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

07 Si, how much for a new clutch?

20K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  Apexual 
#1 ·
Im getting ready to sell my Si and figure i'll change the clutch before I do so for all the people that have put in a new clutch, how much did you pay for parts and labor?

#5 · (Edited)
I just recently replaced my clutch about 3k miles ago. My car was just in the shop for a checkup and than they noticed the clutch had very little life left. It was going to cost me $715 through Braman Honda near me. Luckily my dad is a hussler and knocked him down to $480 without paying for labor.

A normal clutch usually wears out from 25-30,000 miles so keep that in mind

#8 ·
A normal clutch usually wears out from 25-30,000 miles so keep that in mind
You are an idiot. Go learn yourself something. :)

A "normal" clutch should last 100k. A clutch on an economy car (like an EX) can last anywhere from 100k-200k in normal use.

Our SI's should last around 75-100k with normal use. I'm about to hit 60k on mine and it better last another 30k :)

Joe

#20 ·
Haha, a clutch last forever as long as you are not burning the clutch. I been driving manual since I got my lincense at the age of 16 and all I got to say is, normal wear is not 25-30,000 miles! I'd rather drive an automatic that would save me thousands for a clutch job! But then if you are slipping at high RPM, change it, if not Leave As-Is. Your car is sold AS-IS.

#29 ·
I did my clutch 7000 miles ago ... prolite flywheel $300 ACT HDSS kit $500, it took me 4 hrs to do it and i have all the tools and know how..so depending on what clutch you plan on doing figure the book that all tranny shops go by for estimated time says 8 to 10 hrs ...the subframe has to be dropped to do a clutch in these cars and if you are completely stock , there will be alot more stuff to work around than my car .. so if you can find a place to do it for $1000 your doing good..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.