8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to sell my Si and figure i'll change the clutch before I do so for all the people that have put in a new clutch, how much did you pay for parts and labor?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Don't do that, it's not a sufficient selling feature to warrant the extra cost to yourself unless your current clutch is slipping.

Figure $1000 for parts and installation, and that's pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
508 Posts
i agree. you only replace a clutch when it is failing or has failed or you are looking to upgrade because you are pushing more hp.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the proper time for changing a clutch, mine isnt slipping often yet but it is squealing pretty bad

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I just recently replaced my clutch about 3k miles ago. My car was just in the shop for a checkup and than they noticed the clutch had very little life left. It was going to cost me $715 through Braman Honda near me. Luckily my dad is a hussler and knocked him down to $480 without paying for labor.

A normal clutch usually wears out from 25-30,000 miles so keep that in mind

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
If you don't do it at a dealership and you do it somewehre reasonable and just replace the clutch with an organic oem replacement, it should be right around 1000 dollars after labor and parts.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don't do it at a dealership and you do it somewehre reasonable and just replace the clutch with an organic oem replacement, it should be right around 1000 dollars after labor and parts.
Thanks man, exactly what I was looking for :kisssmiley:

·
Registered
877 Posts
A normal clutch usually wears out from 25-30,000 miles so keep that in mind
You are an idiot. Go learn yourself something. :)

A "normal" clutch should last 100k. A clutch on an economy car (like an EX) can last anywhere from 100k-200k in normal use.

Our SI's should last around 75-100k with normal use. I'm about to hit 60k on mine and it better last another 30k :)

Joe

·
Registered
676 Posts

A "normal" clutch should last 100k. A clutch on an economy car (like an EX) can last anywhere from 100k-200k in normal use.

Our SI's should last around 75-100k with normal use. I'm about to hit 60k on mine and it better last another 30k :)

Joe
:thumb: You should never expect a clutch to last 20-30k unless it is a dedicated track car.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Im getting ready to sell my Si and figure i'll change the clutch before I do so for all the people that have put in a new clutch, how much did you pay for parts and labor?
$700.00 just to install it. But if you can find someone on the side, it's like $400-$500. To drop the tranny is really a pain in the butt, not like the older model.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
it should be like 6-700 not a 1000 especially if its not bein done at a dealer

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
6-700 for all parts and labor?

Hmmmm.

I guess OEM clutches are cheaper than i thought.

I got quoted 568 + 250 for OEM clutch so... 800.

I'm thinking 350-450 for an aftermarket clutch i guess..

well there you have it :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Now thats a little mean isnt it? Im sitting right at the 40K mark with a half dozen track days and daily stop and go since it was brand new and mines hurting:eek:mg:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Now thats a little mean isnt it? Im sitting right at the 40K mark with a half dozen track days and daily stop and go since it was brand new and mines hurting:eek:mg:
What? It was an idiotic statement. If he thought about it, he would be implying that the average owner would need to drop $800-1200 every 2 years for a new clutch. That doesn't even pass the smell test.

You have 6 track days and daily stop and go and with 40k miles yours is....hurting? What does this mean? Is it slipping in 6th? Does it just not "feel" the same?

Track days does not = normal use, fyi :)

I drive very aggressively every single day and with 59k, my clutch feels just fine :)

Joe

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Haha, a clutch last forever as long as you are not burning the clutch. I been driving manual since I got my lincense at the age of 16 and all I got to say is, normal wear is not 25-30,000 miles! I'd rather drive an automatic that would save me thousands for a clutch job! But then if you are slipping at high RPM, change it, if not Leave As-Is. Your car is sold AS-IS.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts