8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

07 si coupe shift knob problem

1K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  SIck wit it 
#1 ·
Im having problems removing my stock si knob for the 07's. Ive seen vids that they unscrew a nut right below the knob but i can seem to find that nut. I just need to remove the stock si knob to install the fd2 boot and knob.

#16 ·
Are you the original owner of the car, if not, then the previous owner must have removed the knob before and didn't put the nut back on. I know some guys actually put krazy glue on the threads so the knob will ine up without having to use the nut, but of course getting it off again will be a pain.

#17 ·
Duce2k said:
Are you the original owner of the car, if not, then the previous owner must have removed the knob before and didn't put the nut back on. I know some guys actually put krazy glue on the threads so the knob will ine up without having to use the nut, but of course getting it off again will be a pain.
I was wondering the same thing. All 06-08 Si's should come with the nut there. The one in the pic is missing the nut.

#18 ·
Izzy said:
Well, yeah, so? Unscrew the shift knob (it's just screwed down) as normal. It doesn't magically pop-off. Maybe it's just torqued down and happened to land in the straight pattern...
Maybe it was torqued down until the pattern lined up correctly which is why he's having a real hard time removing this. The techs at the dealership that sold him the car are complete morons.

Edit: Usually dealerships will remove the knob so that people will not mess with the car and mar the knob in the showroom. After reading a later post it could be that they lost the nut and the tech was so stupid that he didn't realize that there is a nut that holds the knob in place and used crazy glue or some type of epoxy to hold it in place.

Take it straight to the dealership and show them what they sold you and to get that knob off or put a nut under there like it belongs. Show them other Si's on their lot as well to prove to them that there is a nut. Be sure to stand right by them while they perform this difficult task, that is if they used some type of adhesive.

#20 ·
Duce2k said:
i am the orignal owner and i am starting to believe that its like glued on there, which is kinda whack. lol. but yea i'll tell the dealer about it when i take my car in for the recall soon cause i really cant take off the knob lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.