8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my fogs installed. The harness that is provided with the fogs from K2 works perfectly. 100% plug and play. Just follow the directions from the collegehills pdf and you should be fine.

Switch also goes into the oem location. Just pop out one of the blanks, and put the foglight switch there.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was suprised! That's why I didn't msg ya. haha. The button lights up green. It did only have the white with red stripe wire though. So I put it in the correct spot, grounded the wire in the bumper, then the one in the dash. Hooked up the blue plug, and tested it and it worked perfectly. I was glad because I didn't feel like hacking up the harness.

Perhaps this is a new batch that was corrected.

The switch did come with a new housing, but it wasn't needed since you can pop out the blanks on the stock switch housing.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I am thinking about getting these, I just have a couple questions. Is the button the same as the one for the coupe? ( << sedan owner but the shade is different on the plastic so I would rather have OEM one ) Second, so it is indeed 100% plug and play exactly like OEM but no required to switch out the switch for the one on the steering wheel? I have read numerous times on this sight that it will require hacking of the old harness to get it to work. Third, is it plastic or glass fog lights? Fourth, can you get rid of the writing on the yellow fogs? It says Euses or something. And fifth, how does the wiring to the switch work? Does it go through the fuse box and relay? and straight to the switch? Thanks!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, they can come on only with the running lights on.

I do not know if the button is the same for the coupe. Yes the button is different shade, but it does not bother me. The specific kit I purchased, seen here in this ebay link, is plug and play. The kit does not come with instructions, but if you follow the ones from collegehills, it is the same, except you do not have to take the steering wheel apart.

The writing on the fogs does not come off. That does bother me, but nothing I can do about it. The fogs, I believe are plastic. The wiring goes through the fuse panel, fuse number 6. It goes from the brown plug with the blue wire, then a ground. Then from you take the write with red stripe wire and put that into the wiring harness. Then there is 2 blue connectors. 1 male 1 female. You take the male plug, and plug it in on the top left of the fuse panel. From there it goes to the switch. It was pretty simple. Hardest part for me was cutting the bumper and getting the fogs to sit correctly.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
Zeuceone said:
oem location is on the stalk.
that's for coupes...not sedans...
and one thing you guys are mistaken. I opened up the fog switch to see whether the fog switch had a bulb in there that would turn on when you pressed the button but that is just paint. There's nothing to illuminate it.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
achapman said:
Which switch? Mine is illuminated green when on.
IT DOESNT ILLUMINATE ANYTHING. THAT IS JUST PAINT.
here, let me take a picture and u'll see what i mean...
BRB!

Edit: sorry for the shakey pictures but i do not have parkinson's disease

Aftermarket on the right, OEM on the left:

No bulbs...

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
is this the 06 switch? do the harnesses work together? the k2 one with the oem button? Are the buttons basically the same, both do not illuminate? Thanks.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
20civic07 said:
is this the 06 switch? do the harnesses work together? the k2 one with the oem button? Are the buttons basically the same, both do not illuminate? Thanks.
OEM has a blue bulb that shines white. Aftermarket has NO BULB thus it will not illuminate but rather has a glowing paint that will make you think it illuminates in the dark. Like your "lock" switch on your door-arm panel(maybe it's another button but there's a button there that does not illuminate).
they're the same size and it works well on the 06/07 sedans and 06 c oupes.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
is the OEM button from the 06 sedan foglight setup? and will the OEM button work with the k2 harness?

EDIT: also to the OP, what bulb does it use h3 or h11? H11 is supposed to be the bulb for the OEM foglight kit. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts