8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the exact way the fuel door comes off of the 07 Sedan SI? I need to take it to a shop for paint matching for a new bumper.

·
Registered
141 Posts
They're riveted on aren't they? If so you'd have to drill out the rivets which can be a pain in the ass and to reinstall it you'd have to rivet them back in.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
You have to figure out how the hinge inside comes off. I felt back there, but i couldn't tell if you have to pull, push, up, down, or go left or right. Plus i started taking the grease off so i quit messing with it

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Doeboy211 said:
Does anyone know the exact way the fuel door comes off of the 07 Sedan SI? I need to take it to a shop for paint matching for a new bumper.
It's sounds harder then it is. Take off the bolts. Then there is a black plastic inner liner. After you remove the bolts turn the gas door counter clockwise while rotating the hindge of the gas door. Put some blue take around the Door area as not too scratch the rear quarter panel.:thumb: Good Luck

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
F-1 Si said:
It's sounds harder then it is. Take off the bolts. Then there is a black plastic inner liner. After you remove the bolts turn the gas door counter clockwise while rotating the hindge of the gas door. Put some blue take around the Door area as not too scratch the rear quarter panel.:thumb: Good Luck
Hey thanks F-1, worked about perfect!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having problems removing the gas door of a 2008 Honda Civic LX Sedan. Is it the same method as the SI coupe? I can't seem to rotate the hinge out. It's unclear, but do I also have to remove the plastic guard? I was going to remove it, but I couldn't yank it out with ease from the gas tank pipe and I didn't want to break anything.

Any tips?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I'm having problems removing the gas door of a 2008 Honda Civic LX Sedan. Is it the same method as the SI coupe? I can't seem to rotate the hinge out. It's unclear, but do I also have to remove the plastic guard? I was going to remove it, but I couldn't yank it out with ease from the gas tank pipe and I didn't want to break anything.

Any tips?
It should be the same. The black plastic guard has to come off. The plastic takes a little muscle to get out. G\L

1 - 12 of 12 Posts