8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 07 FA5 with DC RH and a 2.5" LSD Exhaust with Injen CAI. I am thinking about getting the Jakcson Racing Supercharger for my car and wondering what I will need to do? Buy? Do I need to change the exhaust setup?

·
Registered
883 Posts
The exhaust you have now is fine but if you want max hp you might consider a higher flowing system i.e BCRH or an SSR header.AS far as exhaust goes IMO you should get bigger piping like the Skunk2 70mm or LSD 3inch exhaust.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yeah the Comptech kit is cheaper(at least it is from our vendors) but there is a wait for those kits.I still havent heard of anyone having the JR kit so i doubt it is sought after by many Si owners so getting one shouldnt be a problem.On the other hand the JR kit does require serious modding to the engine ( by serious I mean grinding away at certain parts) whereas the Comptech kit is pretty much a direct bolt-on.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
do not waster your money on the JR kit. you have to grind down engine components just to make the manifold fit. just not worth it. and its also been proven ther JR manifold has the really bad air flow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts