8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
👋🏽 My front speakers rotted due to water damage from a failed door seal. For the last year, I had been fading the stereo to rely on the rear speakers because the front speakers would rattle so bad.

I took the car to a highly regarded auto customization spot here in Nashville (had tint done too) and they replaced the front door speakers with alpines. I got the cheapest front speakers they offered - the car is so old I don’t want to spend too much on it.

Driving home yesterday after the install, I noticed it didn’t sound so great and full. In the evening after work I took it for a drive and thought I to fade between the front and the rear. That’s when I noticed the entire back speaker set on this 2007 Civic EX was gone.

Returned to them today and the owner said that the work they were tasked with doing wouldn’t have affected the rear speakers at all. I have an appt to bring it back in the morning for them to run a signal test.

Can anyone think of a reason as to why replacing only the two front door speakers would have caused the entire back set to die?

I am the only owner. I had the car in LA for the first 9 years and now live in Nashville where it is humid. I read about potential corrosion on the wires but it just doesn’t make sense that this happened right when they replaced the front speakers. ✌🏽

·
Registered
256 Posts
Should not have affected anything eles, if all they did was pop the door liner and simple replaced the door speakers.

There is an audio test you can run, it will hit each speaker. This will send a tone/signal to each speaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts