8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
simple question will my friends 07 hondata reflashed(and fixed @ hondata for that VSA issue) ECU work in my 06. he's trading in his car and he asked if i want it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
as long as you have someone re-key the immobilizer so your key will work with his ecu it should not be a problem.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
due to the fact that hondata was using the same reflash for 06 and 07 ecu's (i assume this since they had the recall on the 07 ecu because of the vsa problem) i would say it will work. but like he^ said, honda will have to re-key the immobilizer so it works on your car.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
due to the fact that hondata was using the same reflash for 06 and 07 ecu's (i assume this since they had the recall on the 07 ecu because of the vsa problem) i would say it will work. but like he^ said, honda will have to re-key the immobilizer so it works on your car.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
134 Posts
It wont work, the part number is different. Hondata has specific applications for the 06 and the 07's. The imobilizer is set up for the specific key for each car. I tried to buy a reflashed ecu from some one on here who had an 06(I have an 07) and the reflash is different for the 06, plus the imobilizer wont work from his car to mine. Sorry, call hondata if you dont believe me. Plus the 07' si has the most recent program to fix rev hang. The 06' part number is rrb-a06(that is the highest it goes to) and the 07' is rrb-a12 and up.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
swarm said:
It wont work, the part number is different. Hondata has specific applications for the 06 and the 07's. The imobilizer is set up for the specific key for each car. I tried to buy a reflashed ecu from some one on here who had an 06(I have an 07) and the reflash is different for the 06, plus the imobilizer wont work from his car to mine. Sorry, call hondata if you dont believe me. Plus the 07' si has the most recent program to fix rev hang. The 06' part number is rrb-a06(that is the highest it goes to) and the 07' is rrb-a12 and up.
ok..where to start...
1. part number is very similar....and are swapable.
06 si = 37820-RRB-A03
07 si = 37820-RRB-A11
2. hondatas "specific" applications for the 06 and 07 is bullshit. that is why they had a recall on their reflashed ecu's. they forgot about the VSA when they started to do the 07 reflashes. so unless the person with the 07 si has had their reflash done within the past month...it is the SAME as the 06 reflash.
3. immobilizer can be overriden by honda.(what happens if you have to buy a new ecu?...honda can change it)
4. rev hang fix is irrelevent. the 06 ecu can also handle the rev hang fix...that is why honda can reflash it if you would like. and the hondata reflash overrides teh rev hang anyway...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
sickyute said:
i doubt it will work ...
06 doesn't have vsa ... what happens with that function?
i doubt u can just program keys to whatever ecu as well ... on this car
the 07 hondata reflashed ecu doesnt make use of the vsa function anyway...that is what their recall was about.

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
the 07 hondata reflashed ecu doesnt make use of the vsa function anyway...that is what their recall was about.
it's fixed ...
it didn't make use of it but now it does ...

but this probably won't work ... i've been to honda before for this ... i've seen them try it ...

there is other info. on this site as well ...

ECU is tied into the guage cluster, immob. and other stuff with these cars ...
think about that ...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
sickyute said:
it's fixed ...
it didn't make use of it but now it does ...
yes..but for months people were driving around with the wrong reflash and it worked just fine, and the recall was optional, no one had to do it. which means it will continue to work just fine.

but this probably won't work ... i've been to honda before for this ... i've seen them try it ...
what happens if an ecu fails? they have to be able to program a new one to work with the car. it can be done

there is other info. on this site as well ...

ECU is tied into the guage cluster, immob. and other stuff with these cars ...
think about that ...
the ecu DOES NOT record mileage if thats what your getting at. only the tach cluster records it. if thats what your getting at....otherwise i already mentioned the immobilizer..

·
Registered
293 Posts
immobilizers can be reprogrammed. we used to do it on the older 02-05 Si's when people would sell their reflashes. the dealers have this functionality at their disposal.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
sinirgi said:
immobilizers can be reprogrammed. we used to do it on the older 02-05 Si's when people would sell their reflashes. the dealers have this functionality at their disposal.
Exactly, ep's would do all kinds of swaps with all kinds of ecu's and have the immobilizers reprogrammed.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks everyone. is not sure what i want to do yet. but any more info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
sickyute said:
ep doesn not = fg ...
yeah, but pretty much every ecu was used in just about every chassis w/o any big problems. Unless honda changed completely everything, it shouldn't be a huge deal. It just takes someone finding out what is needed and it should be able to be done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts