8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well a friend of mine just bought a year end clearance 07 EX-L Honda CRV. Its royal blue i think? He loves it so far. I tried to sway him to look into the Outlander,CX-7,Santa Fe,Rav 4 etc but he likes his CRV. It has leather is fully loaded and has nav/sat radio. He should of looked into buying a santa fe,outlander or a CX-7 for less money. Oh well. What he was focusing on mainly was gas mileage since the crv gets what 23/30 MPG? but it only has 160HP..he said his Honda dealer up in Denver treated him very good wow thats a first for a Honda dealership! thats nice to hear. My Honda dealer and the only one in the springs doesnt fix anything they are rude arrogant and ignorant. I cant believe one service guy said "the weather stripping is supposed to lift up and it will go back down over time" bullshit! i could go on and on about my Honda dealer experience. Anyways thoughts on the CRV? interior doesnt look bad but it doesnt look good either.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I personally like the new crv, mostly because I like the fact that I like the mugen one:
*no, I am not a mugen fanboi

I would personally have a hard time choosing between that and a new cx7 or used fx45 though. I love all 3.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
firmhonda said:
I personally like the new crv, mostly because I like the fact that I like the mugen one:
*no, I am not a mugen fanboi

I would personally have a hard time choosing between that and a new cx7 or used fx45 though. I love all 3.
Im not saying the CR-V is bad but eh. He likes it alot..the mugen CRV looks nice but how much HP does it have? that front grille on the bumper is weird/ugly.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I don't know exactly, but I would be willing to bet that it's mostly cosmetic. If he's trying to make it quick, it can definitely be done with his motor. k24/k20a2 franks are actually pretty popular, not to mention the lower compression means that you can boost the hell out of them.

I'm pretty sure that an rsx type-s tranny will bolt up too.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats very interesting! thanks for the info man! if he does ask that he needs more power ill be sure to tell him whats available. His 166HP should be fine but going up to the ski resorts might be challenging for 160 hp. Im sure you can make a sleeper CRV lol. :thumb:

·
Registered
80 Posts
RDX=sleeper CR-V:)

I have 07 CRV and am happy with it, noting of the quality problems I have seen on my 04 Accord or the Civic. I am betting you that unless I don't haul my house behind me I will go in any ski resort you name without a problem. The 166hp are not much but the V is not that heavy either...

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
i always thought the CRV was missing a roof spoiler. looks pretty decent in those picts. no my taste, but better.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
160 hp NA SUV at high altitude

well, he probably doesn't have to worry about over acceleration tickets

just don't tell him the CR-V is aimed at middle aged women

·
Registered
80 Posts
TJ213 said:
160 hp NA SUV at high altitude

well, he probably doesn't have to worry about over acceleration tickets

just don't tell him the CR-V is aimed at middle aged women

By high altitude do you mean mt Everest? If so yeah.... and he will have difficulties breathing himself:xyxnervou

·
Banned
441 Posts
CR-V outsold the Ford Explorer and as of a few weeks ago was the #1 selling Crossover/SUV in the states. I guess 160hp is fine to a buyer in this market.

Edit: Excuse moi, make that 166hp.

·
Registered
80 Posts
and don't forget also that for climbing the CRV has 161 lb/ft torque, not outstanding but enough (compare with engines making 200hp and 130ish torque :)

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dude said:
and don't forget also that for climbing the CRV has 161 lb/ft torque, not outstanding but enough (compare with engines making 200hp and 130ish torque :)
He said he already took it up the mountains and it did fine. He already has like 100 miles on it and its an 07 EX-L Royal blue loaded for 26k. He bought brand new the dealer gave him a clear bra,detailed it etc.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It is not nearly as fun to drive as the Civic but for a truck it has very impressive handling, the sound system is not as good as the Civic Coupe versions but it is good enough not to upgrade with aftermarket.
The best part for the CRV - RATTLE FREE:dancing:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
i have a 07 CR-V EXL 4WD non navi .. Tea Green Metallic with Beige interior

ive taken it up in the mountains of New Hampshire and the car is great ... the real world gas numbers for me .. with mixed city and highway were right around 26 mpg and i dont drive slow LOL

the thing is great .. has tons of storage ... handles awesome ... my only complaint .. is the AUTO tranny .. should have made a 5 speed.

thumbs up from me on the CR-V

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
2006exsedan said:
the thing is great .. has tons of storage ... handles awesome ... my only complaint .. is the AUTO tranny .. should have made a 5 speed.

thumbs up from me on the CR-V
You could always look into swapping a m/t into your crv, but I think it would take a little more work than just a simple swap i.e. you might need something like the type-s head and ecu along with kpro. I'm not exactly sure about all of that, I made a thread a while back trying to get more information but it didn't really go anywhere so I'm still relatively ignorant to what all has to be done.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
firmhonda said:
You could always look into swapping a m/t into your crv, but I think it would take a little more work than just a simple swap i.e. you might need something like the type-s head and ecu along with kpro. I'm not exactly sure about all of that, I made a thread a while back trying to get more information but it didn't really go anywhere so I'm still relatively ignorant to what all has to be done.

while something like that might be possible.. it wouldnt be worth it to void all your warranties and have to deal with that hassle for the MT ...

if it was that important i could have bought an 06 .. and got the 5 speed... but the redesign is so much nicer :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think from next year Honda will be introducing the diesel CRV to US. I hope they will have manual trannys. Also the European version have manuals....
Imagine all that torque from diesel coupled with 40+mpg fuel economy....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts