8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 07. Started noticing the annoying rev delay when shifting.:shady: Is there a recall/tsb on the 07's also? Will Honda reflash it?

Great car otherwise. I hope this doesn't ruin it...
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
there was actually a recall for the 06s' for the rev hang. It was also fixed on the 07's but rev hang is still slightly there not as much as it was on the 06...but yeah your gonna have to live with it, or try turning your a/c on, of if you pay 600 for hondata reflash, intake, exhaust, those things may help minimize the rev hang a little.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
well the ac theory is a bit petty, and what I mean is that some people who have the 07's have actually said that if you drive with your AC on, the rev hang is not noticeable. so if you got an 07 try it and see. :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
what!!! i tought it was the best thing to have that rev hang that way you loose less RPM when shifting fast i mean my FA5 does it all the time and i love it

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
there was actually a recall for the 06s' for the rev hang. It was also fixed on the 07's but rev hang is still slightly there not as much as it was on the 06...but yeah your gonna have to live with it, or try turning your a/c on, of if you pay 600 for hondata reflash, intake, exhaust, those things may help minimize the rev hang a little.
wrong. i have an 07 and my vin # fell under the recall. its all 06's + newer 07's. check VIN with honda or the recall notice to find out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
what!!! i tought it was the best thing to have that rev hang that way you loose less RPM when shifting fast i mean my FA5 does it all the time and i love it
I have always thought the same thing. That way it holds revs going into the next gear. On my 08 it has rev hang when you push in the clutch. It will usually hold revs for almost a second after depressing the clutch. In normal driving though I never even notice it when I change gears. The revs drop normally as they should. I only notice it if I am coming to a stop, depress the clutch, and put it in neutral. Even then it never bothers me. I don't know if it is not that bad on 08 compared to other years, but it isn't an issue with me.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
whoever likes the rev hang = :pat:

MOST ANNOYING thing about the car...almost makes me regret buying it. I hate driving my car then driving my girlfriend's S2000 with DBW but no rev hang. UGH, screw rev hang.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Rev hang is bad and wastes minimal fuel but that could be used for those extra few feet when your car runs out of gas.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Unless you're one of the first 7500 SIs produced in 2006, you already have the reflash. There's numerous threads on 8th about rev hang...come on guys

·
Registered
70 Posts
dude! i totally agree with you! it really helps you when in engaged in "spirited driving". my cousin, who is a honda tech at a socal dealership, told me that its just engine momentum, and that its a function designed to help you accelarate out of corners. lets just face it, it happens to every si and until honda decides to make a major recall, live with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts