8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m having a problem with my Si, I just found out my k-tuned header is cracked and thats why it has been making this ticking noise along with a leak near the middle of my exhaust. Now, i noticed a noise coming from my i believe clutch or tranny. It happens only if the car is rolling and i have my foot pushing the clutch down and the car is in a gear. For example If i was to be going say 25mph and i take my foot off the gas and push clutch in ill hear the noise but when i put it in neutral the noise goes away. It sounds like something is rubbing together kinda like if you were to take a marker to paper and keep a line going (sorry for horrible analogy) ill put link to a vid i was able to get. In the vid im pressing and releasing the clutch like i said earlier. Last question with the cracked header would that make a pinging noise if my rpms are high Bc whenever i go past like 5k rpm i hear this metal pinging type sound. Any help appreciated thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
Ugly8thSI
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing