8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ive just installed the cheap ebay headers (1 piece) for the R18A engine.

When i first installed it using the stock factory lower gasket, it sounded like i wasnt using a Header at all. Sounded like a car with no headers on (when i started the car). Like a Harley Motorbike.

Then i got a free gasket from the local exhaust shop which was approx 7mm longer than the stock gasket, when i started the car, it produced a deep throaty tone. But when i actually started driving it, it sounded really wierd. Like some 1970's old crap car with a crap engine in it.

If anyone's got the cheap ebay headers aswell, could you please tell me whats the best solution for overcoming this problem is?

Many Thanks!!!!

TK

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
They addressed this in another thread, but IMO you should've gotten the Weapon R header, it comes with a down pipe you don't have a fitting problem.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
dude i had the ebay 1 as well, it fit fine, my problem was after about a month, i was moving down the highway with a couple of guys from my team, and i blew the top of my header right off

·
Registered
607 Posts
put both the gaskets you have in there and tighen the **** out f the bolts. put the stock one first the the new one.
So the stock one will be on the header side and the new one will be in the down pipe flange.
Had the same problem but fixed it this way.
But be sure to remember to tighten the **** out of the bolts to get a perfect seal.

Ok problem fied mods lock it up.
Oh yea man next time just type it in, n the search bar. I discussed this in another thread a couple months ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, thanks for that guys....

i have had a read through all the other threads about this ebay header, but it didnt really address the type of problem i was experiencing.....

When i start the car, it sounds absolutely normal, and imo, it sounds rather nice. But when i actually start driving the car, it sounds real crap. like its spitting and its leaking. But ill try what you guys have recommended. Thanks for the help!!

TK

·
Registered
607 Posts
Its like a pinging on a tin can noise?
Its cause there is no cat anymore and you have all that air flow going into that large diameter pipe.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Mine don't make that noise, mine just sounds smooth, like there's no restriction of air, but the weapon R goes all the way to the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
It comes with a downpipe. there is another thread comparing the Weapon R to the ebay header and has pics of the whole install of the weapon R header.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys!!!

Another problem.... when u guys install the ebay headers, does the engine light come on??

Mine has, and thats after 2 days of driving it. You guys experiencing the same problem??

TK

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh btw,

yeah its like a tin can noise, but it also sounds like something's leaking. and it sounds like the metal pipe is pinging, or...... when u flush the toilet.... :p

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
its most likely leaking youll have to get it welded to work correct, but then in about 3-5 month its goin to break . ( happened to me and I learned my lesson now i have a drch)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
put ur stock header back on and dont buy cheap ebay headers again thats the best solution
U see, im all the way in AUS, so the ebay headers are the best solution for me now coz i also gotta take into account postage costs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts