8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, first time on this forum.

Just bought a 2007 Honda Civic EX manual with 237k miles, everything was great (especially considering it was 500$), and while sending it a bit too hard on mountain roads, power steering just decided to piss out all of its fluid.

I checked and I see this line is leaking PS. It's not the lower intermediate pipe, but it also does not look like the high pressure line? I have very limited access and my jack does not go very high so yeah, anyone can point me in the right direction? Thanks :]

Attached the picture I took with the leak.

From my understanding the grey line closer to the camera is the intermediate pipe (lower).

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
My experience is with replacing the high pressure line. Do you intend to do this repair yourself? If so, you are going to need at minimum two jack stands and a floor jack. A lift would make things easier. You need to identify exactly what is leaking by getting under the car and have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth with the wheels off the car. This will make a mess. A large plastic tarp and lots of shop towels will help. It is a very cramped area to work in. Unfortunately I cannot identify the part in your photo. HTH.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My experience is with replacing the high pressure line. Do you intend to do this repair yourself? If so, you are going to need at minimum two jack stands and a floor jack. A lift would make things easier. You need to identify exactly what is leaking by getting under the car and have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth with the wheels off the car. This will make a mess. A large plastic tarp and lots of shop towels will help. It is a very cramped area to work in. Unfortunately I cannot identify the part in your photo. HTH.
Here is a better picture. I do indeed intend to make the repair myself. I got two jackstands and a floor jack. Fixing it in the streets so yeah lol. Thankfully it's a dead end industrial street so there's genuinely 0 cars around.

I turned the car on and checked where it leaked and only this one was leaking so I suspected high pressure line.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m no expert but, here is a link to my write up. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ended up getting it fixed, it was indeed the high pressure hose.

Honestly just took it to my local mechanic, parts and labour was ~150$USD after conversion so yeah, not complaining. Now to the next problems on the list haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts