8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i've been lurking aroudn this forum for a little bit and been learning stuff from you guys at the same time. but i'll cut the crap, i currently own a 08 r18 and recently i've been looking to trade my car for a 06 or 07 Si. i was wondering if you guys could tell me the difference between the two years. i know for a fact that the 06's had the 3rd gear problem.. but thats been resolved. anymore?

thanks!

·
Banned
24,191 Posts
it's not only the 06' models,some 07' and 08'.Not every 06' had this problem either.The 07+ come with VSA and slightly darker colored wheels.

·
Banned
24,191 Posts
night and day, 07s are a lot faster
umm,how do you figure?They have the same engine,chassis,body,transmission and everything else.The 07 and up models might actually be a tad (unmeasurable) amount slower due to the VSA.Ignorance is not always bliss.:thumb:

·
Banned
24,191 Posts
I'm not sure about that...I'm pretty sure it was considered an option on all of the current Gen civics.Maybe the 09' is different.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
umm,how do you figure?They have the same engine,chassis,body,transmission and everything else.The 07 and up models might actually be a tad (unmeasurable) amount slower due to the VSA.Ignorance is not always bliss.:thumb:
if your going to be serious about tuning and know how to drive then the 06 is the one. Plus no speed limiter. vsa ftl
There is a button to turn off/on the VSA.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
My 2008 si coupe tops out at 137 whereas some 06's and 07's do differ so I've heard. That's the only thing I'm gunna say :)

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
VSA is just another head ache when tuning our ECU's. I have driven a few different cars and lots of different weather over the span of many years and I don't need a half retarded computer taking over the control of my car if i slide around a little. These are plenty compicated already, don't need anymore useless bells and whistles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
here's my situation right now..i test drove an 06' si. here are some of the issues with the car.

-rev hang
-3rd popped out when i was driving
-Oil change...which can be done easily
-gears are loose..maybe cuz it was driven hard? ex. you put the car in 1st and you can move it side to side.

can all of these issues be resolved? should even bother trading in for this car even if they fix all that? also, i did one of those carfaxes on the website and it showed me that it 10 accidents.. i don't know whether if it was big or not... car is selling for $20,888 i can probably bring it down a couple grand with all those things involved in the car.

i appreciate all teh quick replies

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I grind 3rd gear sometimes...i have no idea if it's my fault though...and 2nd pops out sometimes when I shift...08 CSX-S btw

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
here's my situation right now..i test drove an 06' si. here are some of the issues with the car.

-rev hang
-3rd popped out when i was driving
-Oil change...which can be done easily
-gears are loose..maybe cuz it was driven hard? ex. you put the car in 1st and you can move it side to side.

can all of these issues be resolved? should even bother trading in for this car even if they fix all that? also, i did one of those carfaxes on the website and it showed me that it 10 accidents.. i don't know whether if it was big or not... car is selling for $20,888 i can probably bring it down a couple grand with all those things involved in the car.

i appreciate all teh quick replies

1 - 20 of 50 Posts