8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a downpayment ($1000) on a 06 Si in Habanero Red. It will be shipping Dec 2nd and will arrive on Dec 9th. I'm obviously very excited, but I do have a few small concerns:

1. The Color: I've seen tons of photos and a couple videos of Habanero Si's and basically my assumption is that it is a darker red pearl over a layer of orange. In sunlight the orange shows through more, while in darker lighting the car will appear more deeply red (almost burgundy?).

Now, I do like the color, but it's not as cut and dried as simply having a silver or a black one. My question is, what are your opinions on the color? Or, maybe someone has seen a Habanero Si in person and give me a little insight?(maybe at a promo? SEMA?)

Also, I wonder what color rims be suitable with the color?

2. The Aero Kit: Do all Si's come with the factory kit? I'm pretty sure I've seen some photos of Si's with and without the trim. The 99-00 Si's came with the trim painted body color to distinguish them from regular civics, and I was hoping that the 06's had something like this as well. Does anyone know this for sure?

Thanks Beforehand.

·
Registered
152 Posts
yeah i did a downpay on my new si and it shoudl be coming around december 4th....but yeah i think the red u want woudl look really nice...saw one at the dealer but an EX though...the color imgetting is black...i was thinking blue...but ehhh...i like black more....even though i have a black 03 vic....lol...but yeah congrats on getting the new si...=D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm jealous. My car wont be in until late January early February. I was thinking about that color. I decided against it beacuse I had a feeling I would be disappointed. I didn't think it would be as bright as I would like. I thinkit will be a very sharp color though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow

After watching the video @ CarTV found here, I think that I LOVE :eek: the Habanero Red. If it's sitting in static lighting it does appear the simple dark red, but put it out in the sun and it turns the bright orange/red (which IMHO looks amazing).

the HAsport civic @ SEMA was Habanero I'm pretty sure (w/ the HFP kit among other tid bits...)

I can't wait!... I also agree that a dark bronze rim would amazing on the car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
@electricFaerie

me too! hehe. never had a good blue color car before adn the fiji blue looks great! hoping mine comes around dec 15..

the sales rep said that i would receive email updates on the building of it.. since i was the first at their dealership to put down on a new Si.. they said i'll be the first in the area w/one .. hehe... ;)

i'm so pumped!! might have to brush up on my stick driving.. been a few years since i've had one..
peace

·
Registered
990 Posts
I made my down payment ($500) on the 06 SI about a month ago n they said it should be here around the 1st or 2nd week of dec, should be around there since i live in canada n the plant is up here :) n i'm gettin Habanero Red with the HFP package can't wait to show it off

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Team Midnight said:
I made my down payment ($500) on the 06 SI about a month ago n they said it should be here around the 1st or 2nd week of dec, should be around there since i live in canada n the plant is up here :) n i'm gettin Habanero Red with the HFP package can't wait to show it off
I'm in Canada too (BC), so thats probably why my timeframe of getting my Si is the same. I'm thinking about getting the HFP aero kit too, but I'm thinking about ordering and installing it around May. The kit comes painted from the factory and can be installed right in the service dept. From previous experiences with painting/fitting body kits this is definitely the way to go.

I've been thinking about other mods too, but I'm not sure if I should wait until my warranty is up....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just put a downpayment also on a 06 Si in Habanero Red. It suposed to arrive here in Puerto Rico on Dec 20
I cant wait.
actually im trading my 2003 RSX for it:D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Mine is on the way too. I placed the order last week. I was thinking about the Habanero red, but I have always like the Fiji blue, so that's what I went with. I'll be trading this in(minus all the extras)

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey canucks, any idea on si prices in canada? i really haven't found much info on cdn prices yet, but i'm guessing it'll start around $28k? or since nav isn't really available here might it be $25-26k? thanks...

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Latest I read was est. 25K. Hopefully, I'll have a US price within the next few days or so...I had to get sneaky, but it's not 100% definite that she'll be able to get me the price. But if she does, you guys can probably do the currency exchange and get either an accurate price or a near accurate price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Habanero red and Fiji Blue are nice colors. And will only be available for the SI. I test drove the Habenero red SI at the Honda Live event and it was a nice color, good choice!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alpinecivic said:
I test drove the Habenero red SI at the Honda Live event and it was a nice color, good choice!
I can't wait to see the color in person...

Also, I was told by my dealership to expect my Si to come in around the $26,500- $27,000 range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i think the red looks good but i love white so i would get the si in a white. if not black. but for sure when i get mine its going ot be white haha. white with gun metal rims haha but the rims i would worry about last, its all about the go not the show. well thats my moto haha. if i were you check up on injen cold air intakes, and DC sport racing headers. those are the firest thing u should buy for a car and then it will be good too go as i would say haha. but yeah nice car though. red is nice. congrats.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts