8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys got an Black 06 Si with around 35, 000
miles on it absolutely great car!!! love driving it, got snow tires this winter and let me tell you they work like a dream last winter was a hassle but now it saweet

had it stock for a while then decidet to change some stuff on it

recently got new clear headlights( not installed yet), leather boot shifter, got a plain grill for it, tinted windows, and taillights

Im gonna have around 1,500 $ to invest in it this month

any advise? I was thinking an exhaust and air intake( to get a few extra hp), and maybe new wheels and rims?

-Steve

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Post up some pics of your car.

Search around for terms like 'exhaust' 'intake' (fujita or injen seem to the most popular). There's tons of threads on rims and tires too.

BUT

good luck getting all of that for $1,500!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum. Post up some pics of your car.

Search around for terms like 'exhaust' 'intake' (fujita or injen seem to the most popular). There's tons of threads on rims and tires too.

BUT

good luck getting all of that for $1,500!!

yeah I know gonna try to get rims on ebay though, haha I know that 1, 500 isnt gonna be enough for everything I want, theres a shot of it stock in my profile albumbs, gotta take more once I get it cleaned, thanks

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
$1500 ... you can get intake, header and exhaust.

my vote goes for... and rough prices:
vibrant race header w/ high-flow cat ($650 shipped)
vibrant catback exhaust ($500 shipped)
fujita, or comptech short ram intake ... or DIY 'X-style' intake (you can find info on this by searching) ($250 shipped)

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
hhmm for $1500 you can get used parts, you could probably get a used exhaust on here for around 300-400. Intake for about 100-200, and headers for 200-400. Then you might be able to get some wheels too.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It really depends on what your going for. Some people love engine parts,others suspension, others exterior such as rims or lip kits. It depends on your taste, for 1500 I would personally go with.

SS and bushings: is a must
Drop and rear sway bar: great for looks and handling
Intake and exhaust are always great. Exhaust can be really expensive but thats if you go brand name.
Relocate your front plate if you have one
pair of 8th civic logo sticker: 5 bucks, adds about 15 HP roughly
Any money left customize your license.

Like I said its all preference someone here I am sure hates my list and would say intake, header exhaust, torque damper and reflash. Who knows it what ever you enjoy on your car. GL. I wish I had 1500 every month to put into my car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1.vibrant race header w/ high-flow cat
2.vibrant catback exhaust
3.fujita, or comptech short ram intake

this is probably what Im gonna get, add some hp( how much roughly do you guys think its gonna add?)

, then maybe after a bit of saving up ill get wheels as well, thanks for the tips

·
Registered
995 Posts
It really depends on alot of conditions, but put it this way. After your done you won't regret it!

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
lol not sure "invest" was the best term to use... I was thinking more along the lines of "blow" or "waste" (replace invest in the title with one of those 2 and say it to yourself a few times).

Depends on what you like. There's basically 2 categories: Performance and appearance. Are you satisfied with the performance of your car? If not, what don't you like about it? Wish it went faster? Handled better? If you wish it went faster, do engine mods, handled better, do suspension mods. Sounds to me like this is the direction you want to go in.

If your content with the performance, go for appearance mods. Rims, lowered (mostly just springs), tints, fogs, HID retrofit ( :) )... things along those lines.

These kinds of threads make me lol. Every couple weeks there's someone on here.... "I'm acquiring $X,XXX soon and don't know what I want to buy for my car". It's not rocket science. I pretty much spelled it out for you above. But IMO if you need to ask "what should I spend my money on for my car" perhaps you shouldn't spend the money on your car or at all. Is the car paid off? If you don't know what you want, you obviously are just randomly spending money. If the car isn't paid off, put it towards the car payment until you determine what you want.

:thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks : ), pretty much want to make my car faster and handle better , if it wasnt for a info forum like this id just have it stock , great ideas

as of right now though

1.vibrant race header w/ high-flow cat
2.vibrant catback exhaust
3.fujita, or comptech short ram intake

im set on this set right here!!! thanks a lot guys

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Welcome to the site.:thumb: I have done some stuff to my car,you can check out my album's for the pic's..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah man, I got tint right recently on the taillights too, got some complimnets right away, tints is a must!!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Learn to actually drive. A $150 autocross school in a parking lot will be orders of magnitude more effective at making you faster than anything you can order online.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts